Alaskan wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverat

Burning Hunk
Oct 30, 2014
bainbridge,penna
20141030_075951.jpg Hello all,i am very new to wood stoves and was wondering if any folks could tell me what model and year and possible btu,s this stove will produce? I just installed it 2 weeks ago. would I be better to scrap it or buy a new one?i am heating a old 2 1/2 story farm house,i have very good draft up my stairways from basement where the stove is installed to the 2nd story
thank you all that answer my post

Jeff

Late 70's early 80's would be the build date, somewhere in the range of 35 years old. I wouldn't really worry about BTU's as most of it will go up the chimney, these non-epa stoves are 40-50% efficient on a good day with dry wood.

If you have lots of dry wood to heat your house with then the stove should do the job if run correctly. Most of us have upgraded to newer more efficient stoves and cut our wood usage in half. Going to depend on your setup and budget as to what will be better for you. Give us some more details about how much space you are looking to heat and your chimney setup.

I can tell you that uninsulated basements tend to suck a lot of the heat from a stove into the walls.

Late 70's early 80's would be the build date, somewhere in the range of 35 years old. I wouldn't really worry about BTU's as most of it will go up the chimney, these non-epa stoves are 40-50% efficient on a good day with dry wood.

If you have lots of dry wood to heat your house with then the stove should do the job if run correctly. Most of us have upgraded to newer more efficient stoves and cut our wood usage in half. Going to depend on your setup and budget as to what will be better for you. Give us some more details about how much space you are looking to heat and your chimney setup.

I can tell you that uninsulated basements tend to suck a lot of the heat from a stove into the walls.

I am heating a 1700 square ft 2 story 1845 farm house here in penna, I am lucky to have natural draft up both stairways I have to put wood in it every 2 hours using seasoned locust wood but can heat the 1 st story at 71 deg and 67 deg on the 2nd story coming from the stove located in the basement now it is only 40 degrees outside, don't no what to expect when the temps dropped to the teens guess I am lucky to have what I have for a old house and stove combo

Jeff

Any chance you have copy or access to manual for that stove? I just found one and needs specs for building inspector. Thanks

Sorry I have no manual,i can give you measurements if you like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.