Alderlea T-5 learning curve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
So far I've only had a few small fires and it looks like the learning curve will be very short indeed! Once you have some coals this stove is a piece of cake to operate! This is just what I'd hoped it to be! It burns very clean once established and with one adjustment lever it could not be any easier! So far I am thrilled with this stove in my situation.... Yay!

Ray

metalsped said:
Ray... what is your prior stove experiences? How would you compare this one, to any previously?

I ran a large CDW fa264ccl for around 20+ years which is an older cat stove so I do have a bit of experience.. This stove is very easy to operate which was a problem with the spouse just reloading and walking away.. Many times I'd come home to find smoke billowing from the chimney and my wife would say "hey it's warm in here so what is the problem" ugh... Well massive creosote production was certainly a problem since we have already suffered a chimney fire which ruined my clay tile liner!! I feel this should help this situation out a good deal based on that alone... So far I love this stove!

Ray

Definitely a KISS stove. Glad you are enjoying it.

BeGreen said:
Definitely a KISS stove. Glad you are enjoying it.
BG .yes I feel this will work out fine.. Anyone who has been in my situation will understand this... It would be hard to make this any simpler..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.