Almost Time, Just Saying....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
For the season to begin here at Hearth.com ....

Prepare thyself !!

;)

Reactions: n3pro and Ashful
Hard to think of that with the temps we are seeing. But for sure the clock ticks on.

I feel the chill in the air already .... glad I stocked up, BG !

We're getting scorched down here. But I'm still looking forward to having a nice warm fire going in the wood stove again.

Actually, I was referring "the onslaught" when I posted this :)

Yep traffic here starts picking up around the first of August every year. By the third week of September the "Whose burning?" threads will start.

Reactions: n3pro
Woo Hoo! Forecast for today was hot and sunny. Instead a thunderstorm has developed over us and we are getting steady rain! It's the first real rain since mid-May. If it weren't lightning so much I'd be out dancing in it.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Actually, I was referring "the onslaught" when I posted this :)

Yep, definitely see more posts popping up with new installs or upgrades then there was a month ago.

BG,we were getting a little dry here (nothing like the west) and had a soaking all day rain Tuesday. I caught myself smiling at the fact that it was just a steady medium rain coming down as I drove through town. My rain barrel I water my garden with had gone dry, first time in 4 years it ran out. Recharged now!

Stop it!!! You are reminding me that there is a giant pile of unsplit wood out front waiting to be processed from the maple the poco took down. And I REALLY dont feel like dealing with it as another 90f heat wave approaches.
:mad:

Walked outside at sundown and it was 71 degrees and no humidity. It felt chilly after what has been happening lately. Touching in the fifties tonight. But starting tomorrow a week of nineties will snap me back to reality.

Stop it!!! You are reminding me that there is a giant pile of unsplit wood out front waiting to be processed from the maple the poco took down. And I REALLY dont feel like dealing with it as another 90f heat wave approaches.
:mad:
Ditto. Here's my pile, several cords of unsplit 24" - 48" oak rounds. Forecast high the next three days is over 90F... it can wait.

IMG_5134.JPG

For the season to begin here at Hearth.com ....

Prepare thyself !!

;)

Bullshitz! You bite your tongue, none of that talk yet!
I just had my back blow out, and don't even want to think about processing or humping & stacking yet.
I have more Hawg riding to do yet!
Oil is cheap, gonna get the tank topped off again this year. my 4th top of in 9 years.

Says the man with two big stoves. Sorry to hear about your back bro. Hope it heals soon and you are back on the hog in no time.

I just had my back blow out, and don't even want to think about processing or humping & stacking yet.
Oil is cheap, gonna get the tank topped off again this year. my 4th top of in 9 years.

Yeah, and I have more horse riding to do, before we get into more "pine" debates ;)

I am also getting the burner up & running, and planning on supplementing.

Also thinking about using the oil burner for HW this winter, and not using the electric HWH this winter.

Hope your back gets better quick, Hogs !!

I'll be in Washington on the 26 through 30th BG. Katt called earlier today and left a message that Chelan is in stage 3 fire, Pateros & Brewster in stage 1. She said everywhere is on fire around her. She was picking up her daughter, and then I don't know. I hope there is something left for me to visit.
One of these days, I will have to fly into Seattle and come visit for the day before heading east to the Methow.

Dix, I for some reason like the electric HWH, prolly cause it is all I ever know or had.
I'll gladly take any pine that no one wants, and I know what you are saying, and am mentally preparing myself for the BS ahead again this season, and the source(s) from which the BS flows.
I am however getting my usual yearly load of wood for processing.
Need the exercise, which lack of may be part of my back muscle spasm issues. Well getting old plays a role also.

I am a little concerned with the new batches of PE stove cracks, and hope not to fin any in the new insert.
I didn't get it cleaned and inspected at end of last season, so will have to do it prior to this season.

One day, maybe I can get the 30 hooked up too before I am too damn old to be able to load them anymore.

Stay cool my friends. Time for another opiate to kill my mind, since they won't kill then pain.

Reactions: Dix
Yes, serious thunderstorms today with lots of lightning. The storm have now moved over to eastern WA and the results are not good. Hope she is in a safe area. Wildfires at this time of year are not trivial.

Pretty damn good, Hogz! When I called around for pricing, the previous homeowners oil co. referred to me as a "every 7-10 day'er."

Sorry to hear about that back trouble. Fall is nigh on the horizon.

Won't be long before Minnesotans get out and play like this.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Im starting to wrap things up here in OZ...!!......i will hopefully have a decent amount of wood left over to put towards next years pile too...

Can't wait! Its a never ending cylce. By March we will be saying "Ive had enough!".

Can't wait! Its a never ending cylce. By March we will be saying "Ive had enough!".

I usually say that around the 5th of January.

Reactions: ekg0477 and Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.