Another cherry down and wood ID plz

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plow Boy, they are talking some strange trees that we don't have. ;)

Reactions: Plow Boy
Ailanthus, if the crushed leaves smell bad.....I always called it skunk bush, or skunk tree. The leaves are reddish when young, at the end of the fronds, and they are opposite. Walnut leaves are wider, ailanthus narrower, and walnut leaves are alternate.

I removed all ailanthus from my property this spring, there wasn't much, and they were young. Once you learn to identify it here in the east you'll see it growing everywhere along highways etc.

It's highly invasive, put's out new shoots from the roots, comes up all over the place, plus each mature tree puts out something like 600,000 high germination rate seeds.

Once cut, I painted the stumps with %100 glyphosate.....we'll see what that does to 'em :)

Reactions: Plow Boy
Well, it sounds like I got another type of tree to add to the cut list.

Dropped another cherry today since it was to wet to get to the rest of the red oak.
uploadfromtaptalk1373585998863.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1373586035499.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.