Another what kind of wood question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
na5a3ana.jpg

Reactions: teutonicking
Looks like maple, but really can't tell from that top shot. We need to see a split the end grain and the bark of a few.

I tossed some in bucket trunk, it's heavy. Hopefully be there on way home tonight or this weekend. The other massive tree is one I want for sure.
bedahuge.jpg

I don't know grounds keeper said it was full of green balls, said osage

Reactions: Applesister
This Saturday I'm picking up locust, got maple, need oak and Osage and I'm going to be happy......hickory is at a friends.

I don't know grounds keeper said it was full of green balls, said osage

HOLY CRAP - if that is an osage tree you got enough btus to last to 2020 just in that tree._g

HOLY CRAP - if that is an osage tree you got enough btus to last to 2020 just in that tree._g
That's what he said it was, I don't have a saw to handle that. I am going to try and get a good half though hopefully there tonight

That's what he said it was, I don't have a saw to handle that. I am going to try and get a good half though hopefully there tonight

If its Osage you can find a member here with a big enough saw to help with that.... just need to give them a little.....

Yeah. I think they are cleaning it up , might be gone today. Could be a horrible waste.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.