Another "what type of wood" thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like white oak to me.

Probably just because that leaf is so dry but if you blow up the picture you'll see the points. Yup. still a red oak.

Still no chance to cut it up, have to cut up a tree for my neighbor today after work (She's 63, lives alone, and still cuts and splits her own wood...she just can't do larger logs). I will get to it eventually, hoping for 3/4 of a cord out of it. I have about 8 stacked now, but only 1 is from last year (maple) and the rest is a mostly oak from this year. I'm hoping to get my hands on a cord of 4 year stacked oak from my father's neighbor who winters in Florida now and is getting rid of his stockpile slowly. I'll be out of storage space by thanksgiving!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.