Any Dodge truck experts out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
current fords pto out put from automatic tranny, towards the rear of tranny passenger side.

Hmm, I bet you could rig a PTO brushhog up to that and use it to mow fields.

I found a company that makes pickup truck snowblowers too, but they are not PTO ones (they have their own small engines).

One issue seems to be that even if you have a setup where you can drive and run the PTO at the same time, your snowblower RPM is tied to your gearbox RPM, which is tied to your movement speed... so "Full power to the snowblower and creep ahead slowly" is not an option.

Last edited:
My youngest son calls them Grocery Getters

I have only had an hour or so a day to play with that thing, but it has LED dash lights now. Was fun to figure out. Turns out the old bulbs weren't all dead- the rheostat in the cab was. New 5v converter is in the mail- so I'll have working gauges AND cab lights! Fancy! ;)

Image181524750.jpg

I have wanted to do the led bulb swap for a really long time. But my old bulbs won't die so I haven't had a reason to pull the dash!

I only really did it because I thought they were all dead. Test it before you put the dash back in. Even after I traced the circuits and wrote the correct polarities on with a pencil a bunch didn't work. A couple had the little contacts that touch the circuit board bent too far in; a couple others needed the wires on the LED bulb base adjusted so they made proper contact with the socket. (And of course if you put it in backwards it doesn't work, unlike an incandescent.)

LED bulbs are cheap now!

Image1130589654.jpg

Reactions: Lloyd the redneck
I only really did it because I thought they were all dead. Test it before you put the dash back in. Even after I traced the circuits and wrote the correct polarities on with a pencil a bunch didn't work. A couple had the little contacts that touch the circuit board bent too far in; a couple others needed the wires on the LED bulb base adjusted so they made proper contact with the socket. (And of course if you put it in backwards it doesn't work, unlike an incandescent.)

LED bulbs are cheap now!

View attachment 200442

Ooh, and those same dash bulbs fit the cab-top running lights too! I still have most of a bag left over, looking for other spots to use 'em. Definitely the dome light will get one, after it also gets a wire to connect it to power...