Any Other Panadero Stove Owners Here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ctreitzell

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2023
France
Being a US based forum, I'd guess there are no other Panadero (Spain) stove owners here?

I have a lot of commentary on my Panadero Delice/ Dover I'll get into in the future.
I'm certainly looking to improve my situation.
Listings for my stove cite 5-12 hr burn times...I doubt that's possible even if properly installed
(mine currently is not properly installed)
I've read folks having great trouble with smoking the house out on cold starts...
It's taken a lot of trial and error with mine, yet I do have figured out how to use it
but it is difficult

I certainly over-fired early on and melted the baffle which is currently hanging down like a half-pipe,
even my initial burns deformed the firebox following Panadero's instructions to the letter (other than the install)
New baffle incoming...I'll probably have to cut the old one out with an angle grinder 🤦‍♂️

(I don't know if this is the best sub-forum :) for this topic

not really a bump...I just suppose there are very native english speakers with Panadero stoves 😬

It's the first I have seen it mentioned. There are lots of stoves in Europe that are not sold here. Maybe someone in Europe will chime in.

Reactions: ctreitzell
Post a couple stove pics. Always interested in seeing new makes/models.
working on it...it's xmas! I've got them organized and started getting them into flickr...I'll post as I go along...welding gloves was as far as I got today

Reactions: kcmclellan
Welding gloves are a requirement in this house for avoiding splinters, burns, and just having the luxury of loading my stove tight once the weather gets right cold! 😊
I only use the welder's for dealing with the fire or dump hot ashes...sometimes I'll take some embers and start exterior burning of rubbish

for just about all other exterior works I use the disposable rose pruning gloves; especially for handling wood ...carpentry, cutting plants, moving furniture...anything...I usually have about 6 pairs of these in various states abused condition
554797-083as07oh9-ewhr.jpg

Yeah, so, as this Panadero headache I have continues...will continue...

I've gone looking for the obvious in my personal situation.

I originally had (still have) an old Esse probably circa 1993? I can't find a photo online of the model I have ...I could contact them as they are still in business.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Esse current offerings and reading up on the wood heating stoves. Well, reading the owner manual for the 775, this manual reads exactly like the Panadero manual. Hence, these designs are based on EcoDesign 2022 "standard". Again, the Esse manual reads: "The stove is suitable for intermittent operation."

and

"reloading" every hour with the specified amount of fuel. (this 775 asks for do not exceed 2.1Kg of fuel.

further, reload onto embers with logs that don't touch each other (!)

Have these people ever run a wood stove for heat?!? Maybe for 1 hr.

So, it's the terminology based on technology.

In the end, we users do not want to spend all our time babying a confounded fire! I want to load it once a day and get on with my life!

Sounds like you need a Blaze King stove ;)
hey, that's what I've been saying since day one at home

there will be german and nordic options for sure at much lower cost

hey, that's what I've been saying since day one at home

there will be german and nordic options for sure at much lower cost
Efficient, European made 3+ cu ft stoves will be hard to find. the Hergom Manchester is close. Can one buy a Drolet stove in Europe?

Efficient, European made 3+ cu ft stoves will be hard to find. the Hergom Manchester is close. Can one buy a Drolet stove in Europe?
I’ve no idea…I’ll find out…There is a lot of research to do

Happy New Year

Ok, @begreen I’m finding Drolet resellers on their site…I wouldn’t be surprised if the big boys are not allowed here in France

I’m guessing the EcoDesign 2022 edict is akin to low flow plumbing fittings…Researching…

hmmm, looking at EcoDesign 2022...it is a labelling criteria and edict to endeavor to have repairable appliances...to reduce disposable devices and appliances

...not really what it sounds like on the surface

I looked at Invicta who has offerings up to 14Kw

Otherwise we've started looking at wood burning furnaces

Chaudière à bois Atmos DC 25 GS​

2021-11-14_132356.png

Uh, I don't have that much wood!
it an't pretty

okay, @begreen
I see what you are talking about
Canadian manufactured...I doubt it's cost effective compared to what is available to me via eastern Europe
chaudi%C3%A8re-bois.jpg.webp

I was thinking about stoves not the furnace. There are many reviews and user postings on their large 3-3.5 cu ft stoves on this site. Read up on the Legend III, Myriad III, Escape 2100, and the HT3000. They are under $2000 here and in the 16-20kW+ range.

Last edited:
I was thinking about stoves not the furnace. There are many reviews and user postings on their large 3-3.5 cu ft stoves on this site. Read up on the Legend III, Myriad III, Escape 2100, and the HT3000. They are under $2000 here and in the 16-20kW+ range.
thanks, will do!

The only caveats are that these are all top vented stoves and that they are easy breathers. They probably would require double dampers in the stove pipe for good control.

The only caveats are that these are all top vented stoves and that they are easy breathers. They probably would require double dampers in the stove pipe for good control.
The Drolets?

Our plan is to put the stove in a more central location and top vent
that said, the layout of this barn conversion is rather nigh on impossible to open plan

Yes, Drolets, Regencies, Pacific Energy stoves are all easy breathing stoves. They'll often work well on a 12' flue system while other stoves may need at least 16' to run properly.

Yes, Drolets, Regencies, Pacific Energy stoves are all easy breathing stoves. They'll often work well on a 12' flue system while other stoves may need at least 16' to run properly.
ok, thanks for the clarification 😃

I think mine will have closer to 25 or 30 feet

so, hopefully I can use a damper/ draught regulator (I don't know what the French is...neither do my French relatives)

A stovepipe draught damper is amortisseur de tuyau de poêle. Amortisseur de tirage is a draught damper, but that is typically some on an air duct not stovepipe.

Amazon product ASIN B01J05Z0BO