Any updated Pellet pricing now that we're into August?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I complety agree.

What kind of pellets are you selling? and whats your current price? When i run out i will send some people your way. Do you keep pellets all year ‘round?

We sell Rocky Mountain Premium pellets from Laramie WY. but we don't sell them to the general public you must have purchased a stove here to buy pellets here.
Link to list of Denver Colorado area pellet suppliers
http://www.rockymountainstove.com/2006/08/news-on-wood-pellets.html

Woohoo! Our local Harman dealer just dropped off our new stove and our first ton of pellets.
The hardest part was scrubbing the masonry fireplace out Sunday before the stove arrived.

http://www.morsewards.com/images/harman_installed.JPG

adam said:
We ordered a Harman XXV, something we've been lusting after (does lust apply to pellet stoves??) since first seeing it in the spring.
Our dealer's truck has room for a ton of pellets with the stove, so we avoid the $45/load delivery fee for the first ton.

Thanks, it's good to be here. My wife and I are looking forward to fewer visits from the propane fairy this winter...

-Adam

MountainStoveGuy said:
Its seems for the most part, pellet prices are in line nation wide.. We just started a 2 ton limit. What kind of pellet stove did you order?
And welcome to the forum adam.

Adam,
that is beautiful! thanks for sharing a pic.

Looks like nuttiness is setting in....the 400.00 per ton pellets on ebay had been listed for 200.00....I wuz gonna bid but they pulled the listing, only to relist at double the price. No big loss, as Tractor Supply came through at 211.00 per ton. I'd be interested to see what pricing and availability is come January. Right now, there seems to be a mad dash of people who were unable to get pellets last year. If somehow there is ample supply come January, we may see prices take a dip as the long-expected new pellet mills come on line. Wait and see.

Roospike said:
HarryBack said:
Choppedliver said:
Hey Roo
We Sell about 1000 tons of pellets a year and I would say 75% of my customers buy 2-3 tons a year and heat 75-100% of there house, 5% buy 3-5 tons and heat 100% of there house and maybe a shop or garage the other 20% are 1 ton or less and just "enjoy the heat"

We are on track to sell somewhere near 5-6000 tons of pellets this year and ChoppedLiver is pretty close to the mark here in MA as well. Id say about 85% of mine are 3-5 tons/year (with the pellets providing the bulk of their heat), 10% at 1-2 tons per year (the recreational user), and, oddly enough, 5% at 6 tons+/year (Im not sure whats going on there, Ive got one guy who ordered 20 tons.....doesnt take a genius to guess what hes doing).
Choppedliver said:
Hey Roo
We Sell about 1000 tons of pellets a year and I would say 75% of my customers buy 2-3 tons a year and heat 75-100% of there house, 5% buy 3-5 tons and heat 100% of there house and maybe a shop or garage the other 20% are 1 ton or less and just "enjoy the heat"
Thats great information guys . I've always wondered about it . I also wonder how that compares to the box stores if there sales are along the same lines or they get the fill in sales .
Ive got one guy who ordered 20 tons.....doesnt take a genius to guess what hes doing
Yeah ...... Enough of these guys and the high prices and any shortage is not going to get any better just like the ones selling pellets on Ebay for $400. a ton. I wonder how much the "stocking up extra" of pellets is adding to the shortage.

Roo- what I was alluding to was the 20 tons guy being one of the guys on Ebay! He buys 20 tons from me at $259/ton, turns around and sells them in 2 months for $400/ton, lets see.....$141 x 20 = $2820 !!! not a bad return in 2-3 months time!

I think I've got a better idea - we'll make one pound and 5 pound bags, use some marketing genius - and sell them for $1.00 for the one pound and $3.00 for the 5 pound. We can ship via UPS or post office. We can even send overnight. Heck, it's renewable and you can do your part! I say we give it a neat name like "STICK IT TO OPEC" Pellets.

Anton Smirnov said:
If you're serious about selling on ebay, DON'T start the listing at $200, otherwise you will be paying eBay $$$ in fees.

Start it low ($10) and rely on market forces.

The maximum listing fee on auctions is $4.80. Not worth risking somebody grabbing them cheap to save $4.45.

Webmaster said:
I think I've got a better idea - we'll make one pound and 5 pound bags, use some marketing genius - and sell them for $1.00 for the one pound and $3.00 for the 5 pound. We can ship via UPS or post office. We can even send overnight. Heck, it's renewable and you can do your part! I say we give it a neat name like "STICK IT TO OPEC" Pellets.

At these prices I am going to start in the morning whittling my cordwood into pellets.

"BroBart's Premium Hand Carved Hardwood Pellets"

Testimonials:

"I used just six bags of BroBart's Premium Hand Carved Pellets to heat my house, my garage and my pole barn all winter long here in Anchorage."

adam said:
Woohoo! Our local Harman dealer just dropped off our new stove and our first ton of pellets.
The hardest part was scrubbing the masonry fireplace out Sunday before the stove arrived.

nice photo adam. looks like it's straight out of the catalog. let us know how it works out for you.

-> this must be the longest thread on the forum. and the season's just started.

DonCT said:
It's a "Hot" topic........ :cheese:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
BOOOOOOOO , Your FIRED ! LOL

Oil man sent me another lock in proposal........

$2.779 per gallon, prepay for the full season up front by October.

:bug:

Think they need to put the bong away..........

PutnamJct said:
Oil man sent me another lock in proposal........

$2.779 per gallon, prepay for the full season up front by October.

:bug:

Think they need to put the bong away..........
Hey, Thats an awesome price ! ............(for them)

Sounds like they've been talking to our propane people. Same ballpark. Suburban Propane is offering an early buy of $2.80/gal and secured plan of $2.84. Over the counter is $2.99.

We told them to take a hike. Installing a heat pump next week and the new stove tomorrow. We'll keep propane for the cook top and that's it.

BeGreen said:
Sounds like they've been talking to our propane people. Same ballpark. Suburban Propane is offering an early buy of $2.80/gal and secured plan of $2.84. Over the counter is $2.99.

We told them to take a hike. Installing a heat pump next week and the new stove tomorrow. We'll keep propane for the cook top and that's it.

that will turn a frozen $5.00 pizza into a $15.00 masterpiece.

yep. Though we almost always roll our own pizzas. Even got the pizza stone in the stove.

BeGreen said:

BeGreen, if I may inquire, what is your delivered price per KWH for electricity?

Victor

About .07 for the first 600kwh, and then about .087 after that. There are energy credits applied to the total which amounted to about $16 on the last bill.

Im lucky, im on time of day metering. its only .03 off peak, from 9pm to 7am m-f and weekends starting at 9pm friday night. My house is entirely electric with a wood stove. I have a pellet stove but its collecting dust in the garage.

MountainStoveGuy said:
Im lucky, im on time of day metering. its only .03 off peak, from 9pm to 7am m-f and weekends starting at 9pm friday night. My house is entirely electric with a wood stove. I have a pellet stove but its collecting dust in the garage.

To get those prices I'd need a fission pile in my basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.