Any way to fix this warped Jotul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How much money do you have into it and what your walk away limit? At some point you might cross that point where it’s just not a good idea to keep spending. I’m pretty happy with my new Drolet from a heating POV. It’s not a looker but get the job done and probably will for quite some time without much maintenance.

On my used Jotul quest that end with the Drolet i rules out all of the cat models. Most were in similar shape to yours and I wanted a runner.

How much money do you have into it and what your walk away limit? At some point you might cross that point where it’s just not a good idea to keep spending. I’m pretty happy with my new Drolet from a heating POV. It’s not a looker but get the job done and probably will for quite some time without much maintenance.

On my used Jotul quest that end with the Drolet i rules out all of the cat models. Most were in similar shape to yours and I wanted a runner.
I missed this post somehow. The stove is running great, except the back plate is not exactly flush and I am losing some of my firebox space. There is nothing else I have to do one the stove now. If I can get a new inner back plate, it will be better. I do not think there will be one sitting anywhere. it is not a common replacement part. It would likely have to come off an old stove that someone is getting rid of.

Long live the 3TDIC-2 !