Anybody ever buy a stove from Solvenia?

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fabsroman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
1,092
Winfield, Maryland
I am contemplating a wood stove purchase from this website:


Problem is that I am wondering where they are located, what they are like, and whether it is a scam. The website seems too intricate to be a scam, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: Burnin Since 1991
I am contemplating a wood stove purchase from this website:


Problem is that I am wondering where they are located, what they are like, and whether it is a scam. The website seems too intricate to be a scam, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks
I'd do some comparison pricing. Some of those stoves are available at the big box home improvement stores and Tractor Supply etc.



This is what I could find on them. I'm not authority, but it's the first time I've heard of them.

This should be what you need?

Business name: Solvenia

Office & warehouse: 11328 Linden Depot Rd, San Antonio, FL 33576, United States
This is our shipping and returns location. It is not open to walk-in customers.

Email: contact@solvenia.shop
Phone: +1 724-321-7290

Hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET

Service area: United States only
 
Last edited:
Looking at the website- pricing seems interesting. Is everything done through web, or can you actually talk to someone? My own thought would to be cautious. Always best to go somewhere and visit where you buy something. Interesting, but I'd pass. Good luck.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Burnin Since 1991
Looks like at best they might just be a webstore that drop ships from the manufacturer's warehouse. At worst, it's a scamsite set up to grab unsuspecting folks looking for a bargain. It this business is not easy to verify via the Better Business Bureau then stay away. Personally, I would avoid until legitimacy is determined.
 
Looks like at best they might just be a webstore that drop ships from the manufacturer's warehouse. At worst, it's a scamsite set up to grab unsuspecting folks looking for a bargain. It this business is not easy to verify via the Better Business Bureau then stay away. Personally, I would avoid until legitimacy is determined.
I looked at the BBB website and didn't see any listing for Solvenia

The address is a house in a subdivision. 11328 Linden Depot Rd, San Antonio, FL 33576

I'd be a hard pass. There are no reviews online anywhere that I can find.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: stoveliker
I did a bit of research on the domain via Who.Is. The IP is out of Canada and has been used for a lot of different domains, including some pretty sketchy ones. Agreed, on the hard pass.
 
  • Like
Reactions: stoveliker
Thanks guys. I talked to my wife today about this and the Elegant Homes ad for the same stove at $800. Think I am just going to buy the stove at the $1,200 price point from a reputable dealer and sleep a little better after placing the order.

I too did some research after I started this thread, and the business warehouse address is a single family home just north of Tampa, FL, as others have confirmed in this thread. The business address is the same place. Right after I started this thread, I sent an e-mail to the contact us e-mail address and have not received a response yet.

Like they say, if it is too good to be true, it usually is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: begreen