Anybody using a Fluemiser?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kotzebuealaska

Jan 10, 2006
I'm interested in using the Fluemiser brand hydronic heat exchanger. I called and spoke to them and they were pretty confident in their product. Anyone using one of these currently? How do you like it? Alternatives? Thanks.... (running a Hearthstone Heritage - love it!)

I wonder how much that would cool your stack temp? Could it create more creosote from lower chimney temps?

Yes, I wonder about the same thing. Perhaps if I plumbed it with a bypass or mixing valve (like on a boiler to prevent sustained flue gas condensation) on the hydronic side it could maintain the higher inner-chimney surface temps to limit condensation. Suppose I could try it and see what happens; but thats a $500 gamble and maybe more....

Status
Not open for further replies.