Anyone Burning Today?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
It's only 58 outside with a strong NW wind, probably going to have to take the chill off this evening, anyone else?

We have gotten down to eighty-six and I was thinking about lighting off a chill chaser but the sun just came out from behind the clouds. %-P

Today reminds me of a late October day here. If I didn't know any better I would say snow is on the way. The house is still comfortable though so a fire will not be needed.

This cooler weather has prompted me to start working on adding to the future woodpile. Sharpening chains tonight and playing Paul Bunyan this weekend. Also, trying to figure out how to safely get my other 600lb BBF down in the basement before winter hits.

Gonna hit near 90°F here today. Doubt I'll be lighting a fire. By Sunday the high temp's forecast to be something like 57°F. Gotta love the changes of the seasons. %-P Rick

Record setting (or rather tying) temps all week . . . temps have been in the high 80s/low to mid-90s all week . . . wife thought I was nuts to cut down a dead tree last night . . . of course I did finish up the job by jumping in the pool.

Todd said:
It's only 58 outside with a strong NW wind, probably going to have to take the chill off this evening, anyone else?
Same conditions here Todd, plus on and off showers and cloudy. I've had a small fire going since this morning!

I wish it was 58 degrees here. It's in the 80's and the humidity is horrible.

You guys in the east have what we had a few days ago. You can keep those 90's and humidity.

Chargerman said:
You guys in the east have what we had a few days ago. You can keep those 90's and humidity.

We are on our sixty first day of over 90 since June first. And more coming next week. We had a 91 degree day the first week of April!

A cold front is moving through this afternoon. 78F for the high tomorrow, upper 40s for the lows. Perfect camping weather, but not light-off-the-stove weather just yet.

BrotherBart said:
Chargerman said:

We are on our sixty first day of over 90 since June first. And more coming next week. We had a 91 degree day the first week of April!

Not sure how far you are from Abingdon Va, but I was down there July 9-10 to pick up a dog kennel, and it was so hot I could barely breath. Horrible down there!

Capt said:
BrotherBart said:
Chargerman said:

Not sure how far you are from Abingdon Va, but I was down there July 9-10 to pick up a dog kennel, and it was so hot I could barely breath. Horrible down there!

Heck Abingdon is up over 2,000 feet in the cool country. :lol: I am just 262 feet above sea level.

Oh noes there is a hurricane....

Nah no fire here. It is currently 85* with roughly 200% humidity.

Right now my remote station is reporting that out on the west side of my house, it's 89.2°F and 21% RH. Oh, how I don't miss living in northern Virginia. :) Rick

I hope to hold out until the house get chilly in the evening and doesn't recover naturally during the daytime. Probably mid-October, but we'll see. Otherwise, perhaps a few fires if we get some raw weather in early fall.

Been away working across the northeast all summer - left on 31 May and returned about 7 days ago. First time on the forum in a long while - good to see all the old folks going strong and lots of new folks getting involved. Hope you all enjoyed your summer!

Cheers!

It was a muggy 85 degrees today in Boston so no fires for a while. I can't even have a cold beer for the next week :long: because of some darn intestine surgery.

fire_man said:
It was a muggy 85 degrees today in Boston so no fires for a while. I can't even have a cold beer for the next week :long: because of some darn intestine surgery.

DUDE!!! thats cruel, i feel for ya bro. get well soon! meantime i'll pour a Sam in your honor

stoveguy2esw said:
fire_man said:

DUDE!!! thats cruel, i feel for ya bro. get well soon! meantime i'll pour a Sam in your honor

Thanks. Sam Adams is my favorite, so make it two!

fire_man said:
stoveguy2esw said:
fire_man said:

Thanks. Sam Adams is my favorite, so make it two!

oh gee , twist my arm why dont ya !!, ok two it is , and needed i did some hot wings for dinner (oops,somthing you probably didnt wanna hear in your present condition.)

Enjoying a Yuengling Black and Tan at the moment. Fine brew, especially given the price locally. The cold front has passed, and it was gorgeous out this evening. Barring disaster, it's camping tomorrow night, which will involve the first unofficial burn/camp fire of the season.

My wife actually mentioned earlier, that this is the kind of weather she wouldn't mind having a fire in the firepit.
Seems like everything has been about 2-3 weeks early this year. Spring was early, then summer, now all of a sudden, it's acting like the forecast will be snow in a couple days.
Don't usually need to start the stove until late Sept., early Oct., but this year,........?
It's 55 right now, and forecast for a high of 64 tomorrow. Jeez, it was almost 90 and we had the air on a couple days ago. :roll:
I need my stove back!

Todd said:

In the mid 80's today and muggy, dropping down in the 60's Saturday great weather for working in the woods.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.