Anyone Burning Today?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had three fires going this weekend, a chorus of sorts. Pit entertaining the riff raff, kitchen stove canning the tomatoes etc and stove keeping the joint warm.

I finally stopped running the AC so, no, not yet. Finally finishing the hearth pad tomorrow so should have the Oslo installed next week. I'm making a slight modification to the Morso and the chimney so it is currently all apart. So, no fire even if I wanted one.

Had an outdoor fire at the Lake House on Sunday, it got down in the 40s at night. It felt good. The wife was cold at the house last night so we did a burn to take the chill off. Warm again today, wishing we had some more rain believe it or not. This has been the hottest driest summer I can remember. But then again it was the coldest snowiest winter I could remember.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Warm again today, wishing we had some more rain believe it or not. This has been the hottest driest summer I can remember. But then again it was the coldest snowiest winter I could remember.

Same here. Huge downpours and then nothing but really, really hot. And I don't even want to think about all of that snow last winter.

We've jumped totally into autumn after a token week or two of summer. Worst I can remember for here. I lit the electrons yesterday and the heat pump is on duty now.

BeGreen said:
We've jumped totally into autumn after a token week or two of summer. Worst I can remember for here. I lit the electrons yesterday and the heat pump is on duty now.

Bastardi's long range forecast says you guys are going to get hammered this winter. He sure called every shot that hit us last winter.

BrotherBart said:
BeGreen said:

Bastardi's long range forecast says you guys are going to get hammered this winter. He sure called every shot that hit us last winter.

Not looking forward to it. It's well below normal right now. I called for a furnace tune-up, as I suspect we'll be riding a nightmare shoulder season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.