Anyone else shutting down for the season ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highs have only been in the 40s all week and it has been raining on and off for 6 days. Stoves are still going. Looks like temps will get up near 60 today and maybe near 70 by early next week. Would be great to be able to open the windows again.

Reactions: bogieb
AGGHH - My Eyes - What is that bright yellow thing in the sky?

:cool:

AGGHH - My Eyes - What is that bright yellow thing in the sky?

:cool:
Just showed it's face here... (11:00am)

I buckled and lit the stove off last night... it was just raw in the basement
where the stove lives.. Not like I don't have leftovers, a bag here or there
isn't going to matter much!
;)

Dan

You have sun? Haven't seen that in a week.
Yeah, been since Saturday for me. waves of clouds keep coming in and making it dreary and gray. then the sun will pop out for 10-20 minutes before being muscled out of the scene for a while.

Reactions: vinny11950
The wife and I got back from Florida late Wednesday, wish I could have brought the weather back with us! I ran the stove out of pellets two weeks or so ago. I'm done now and have three tons in the driveway that were delivered today. I guess she better get cracking!

We had sun and bright blue skies today for oh maybe 2 hours. It's all gray again now. Had been raining since Monday evening and really things still looked a bit dry out there not long after the sun came out. We were under a fire warning a week or two ago. Thought I might go fly fishing, too windy back at that moment. Now that I'm home again it's dead calm out, go figure.

Rainy week, very chilly and damp when not raining.. No sun this week so far..
running the pellet stove overnight... geez......

Out of pellets cold damp and rainy here. Burning dinosaurs

Rainy week, very chilly and damp when not raining.. No sun this week so far..
running the pellet stove overnight... geez......
Yesterday was a miserable day here , it rained, it drizzled, the wind blew, the wind actually howled out of the NE and the high for the day was 46. If I had pellets I might have lit the stove off but I wasn't going out to buy some when the only place with any is 16 miles away and $6.59 a bag and tomorrow supposed to be near 60 and Sunday is to be 60, Mon and Tues warm.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a miserable day here yesterday, it rained it drizzled, the wind blew, the wind actually howled out of the NE and the high for the day was 46. If I had pellets I might have lit the stove off but I wasn't going out to buy some when the only place with any is 16 miles away and $6.59 a bag and tomorrow supposed to be near 60 and Sunday is to be 60, Mon and Tues warm.
don't blame you.
I still have almost 2 tons left from winter with 3 tons early buy coming few months. ton Hamer Hots/2 tons Okanagan Platinums.

Stove still starts once or twice a day. A couple weeks ago I made sure the ac was ready. Hope it gets warm soon. Then I guess we complain about the hot weather. Lol. Still have 2 tons left. So if it calls for heat I just let it run. Happy spring. Sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still burning overnight here. At this point, I think I've gone through exactly 4 tons for the year.

I thought this morning was going to be it! The sun would come out.

Rain and cold instead. Argh!

Mine has been off for awhile but is running since early this AM> Cool and rainy. I have always usually quit heating by this time of the year. Could ride it out but why?? Rather be comfortable than bundled up. The wife and her mojo must be working..........

I have been running a couple of hours usually every day. I'm jealous of all the rain folks are getting in other locales ... we need some here as our wildfires have kicked off early this year. Conditions now are similar to mid-late summer lack of moisture conditions. Had some nasty smoke conditions on Friday from the fires burning on the Manitoba/Ontario border... nothing like Fort McMurray but burn bans are now in place.

I am sucking up your smoke. Been in a red flag area for some time. Finished our burning projects for Pheasants Forever Friday AM and the red flag was started at 11 that day as we went to 92 degrees with a wind hitting over 30. Supposed to get some rains coming in late today and good chance for rest of the week. Will probably clean the Harman and pull the exhaust but keep the Bixby up as we are to stay in low 60's at best for another week.

Visibility under 5 miles here

Being I continue my wild fire certification I am probably in the lineup if we don't get some rain soon. Governor called out the National Guard for fires by Bemidji

They lifted our fire ban with the rains we had but it's too late, we have a burn season which is now over. So my huge pile from last year is still here. But that's not the worst part, with our mild and mostly open winter ticks are going bonkers around here. I had one buried in my leg, I've plucked them off my pants, my wife had one in her hair. I took the tarp off my tractor today to cut grass and there was one on the steering wheel. I'm sure that brush pile is loaded with them too. Our tenant has a dog, I'll have to tell him to keep an extra lookout for ticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.