Anyone got there burn on?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I remember that post. Thats why I brought it up.

MMaul said:
Yeah I remember that post. Thats why I brought it up.
wife said it was a short stocky white dude carrying a 361 with a 20in bar and Dickie's cloths on know anyone like that?

Doesnt ring a bell, Wonder who it could be?

Sounds like a feud might be starting over Indiana way.

I am waiting for my damper fan to put on the boiler so I might have to blaze a fire in the fireplace tonight with a low of 41 forcast.

Spent last Friday cleaning my fireplace flue and damper so our basement fireplace would be usable this season...Really nice to fire that baby up last night to take the edge off. 35 forecast for this evening so more of the same I'm sure...

Enjoy.

Attachments

• FirstFire09.jpg
    FirstFire09.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 293
First break in fire this morning, second one this evening, third tomorrow morning and then we'll see. I said not until October 1st for real fires but it is going to be a chilly week so one day can't hurt, can it?

Yep, first fire of the season last night. House was 65f, 50f outside with 40mph gusts. Down to mid 30's overnight.
Had it back in the 70's by 8pm, still there at 5am this morning. Will need another one tonight :)
Got 10 cords out back ready to go, only needed 2 1/2 last season.... bring it on!

Tonight's the second burn of the season. It was rainy, cold and damp on sat so I fired up the stove in the afternoon and it was 80 in the house when I went to bed and 78 when I got up :coolsmile: Today I got home from work and it was 62 in the house so I fired it up again. Haven't had the heat on yet this year
2ndBurn09.jpg

Bigcube said:
Tonight's the second burn of the season. It was rainy, cold and damp on sat so I fired up the stove in the afternoon and it was 80 in the house when I went to bed and 78 when I got up :coolsmile: Today I got home from work and it was 62 in the house so I fired it up again. Haven't had the heat on yet this year
2ndBurn09.jpg
That is sharp!!!

Only about 43F outside so we flashed the old girl up again tonight. 2nd time this fall, forecast does not get much warmer for us until maybe May so I see a lot of flames in the near future. :coolsmile:

I had two small fires to "season" my soapstone for another year of burning. I imagine tomorrow will be the first real fire of the year. I track every year my first fire, last one, wood species used, amount etc. and I am one day early for my average start of the wood burning season.

Been burning this past month for sure!

Yes, in the 30s and lower most nights and mornings here. 40s at night are pretty much a memory til next spring.

Woke up this morning to a 66F house. With two kids under 5yrs, wife doesn't like it to be chilly. The honor of the 1st fire of the season was hers; started it off at 8am and she called me at work by 11:30am to say that the house was 82F. Just 4 small splits and some kindling! Went and told the furnace to go ahead and hit the snooze button! LOL

Mid 40's at nite and 50-60 during the day. The little electric space heater still keeping it at 65degrees in here.
Now when the temp hits 20, everything I have will be maxin' out to keep it at 65, but it'll feel like a whole lot colder 65. Know what I mean?

1st burn 3:30 this am. More cool weather today. It's football season......It's wood cutting season......It's wood burning season......
It's the best time of the year!!!!!!!!! :)

Jack Straw said:
1st burn 3:30 this am. More cool weather today. It's football season......It's wood cutting season......It's wood burning season......

Yes it is! and its just starting to heat up

smokinjay said:
Jack Straw said:

Must be younger fellas. :sick:

kenny chaos said:
smokinjay said:
Jack Straw said:

Must be younger fellas. :sick:

Iam 44 and with 23 cords my son-in-law is now living with me hes 25 and guess what chore is now his!!!! lol

First fire last night, 68 in the house brought it to 75 in about and hour two small splits and 2 two chunk pieces.

joshlaugh said:
I had two small fires to "season" my soapstone for another year of burning. I imagine tomorrow will be the first real fire of the year. I track every year my first fire, last one, wood species used, amount etc. and I am one day early for my average start of the wood burning season.

We will fire up the Liberty tonight, with pictures.

Zap

Having one's "burn on" sounds like a situation requiring medical attention.

(ducking and running)

Peace,
- Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.