Anyone have a good link for a reliable long term weather guess?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
I became emotionally prepared for a la-Nina year, then read that la-Nina has faded to la-neither. Wondering what to expect this winter. Upper Great Lakes if you can be that specific.

You should be able to look up climate data for your area and get daily average highs and lows as well as record high/low temperatures and average precipitation for a given month.

I know this is not what you asked for but I've found it to be at least as useful as a long term forecast.

Last edited:
Colder and much wetter than usual. Great!

The prospects of 10-15 feet of snow really make me appreciate September days in shorts!

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Glad I nearly made my goal of being ready by July 1st.

Just going extra nice n' slow now being on the surgical mend.

Being right next to the big lake is a mixed bag here on the southern tip .
We can have a blizzard off the water with nothing but a dusting 10 miles inland.
Or, the other way around big one's can miss us, but we're usually right in the crosshairs.
Kinda like Buffalo, NY. A north, west, or combo thereof wind direction can bring
weather that can't be predicted until it's forming, usually only a few hours out.

We prefer a La Nina over El Nino for temps and moisture in this area. Much more moderate temps
and steadier prevailing winds. It's true about the Great Lakes. "If ya don't like the weather, wait ten minutes". LOL

It will get cold this winter, followed by a warming trend in spring 2017.

Reactions: Woody harrelson
For long rage forecasts PM Brotherbart, He's got a barn cat that can predict the weather.

Weather forecast for the upper Great Lakes this winter : SNOW.
Lakes will freeze enough for the GOBs ( Good Old Boys ) in their pickups to drink driving on ice beginning on 18 January, 2017.
You can go to the bank with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.