Anyone Here I know?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 365xt is really a screaming 372xt, just needs a small change to the ports to make them the same. Tzed250 is a pretty cook guy, I had a lot of conversations with him on AS in years past. The 550xp looks cool, though it has that outboard clutch that keeps me from buying one.
I don't trust my grinding skills;em

I don't trust my grinding skills;em

I am sure that the MasterMind can turn a 365xt into a 372xt, and then some. Or Tree Slinger, Brad Snelling, or many other saw builders out there. Seems that everyone on AS now has a build, port or saw fix business on the side. I used to woods port saws myself, but only locally.

I am sure that the MasterMind can turn a 365xt into a 372xt, and then some. Or Tree Slinger, Brad Snelling, or many other saw builders out there. Seems that everyone on AS now has a build, port or saw fix business on the side. I used to woods port saws myself, but only locally.

I don't do saws on the side. I modify over 200 saws every year. That's all I do.

Jasha, has given it up.......Brad does one a week or so......Stumpy is gone too.

Reactions: ScotO
Just seen this. .. Glad you ended up stopping by

Ain't gotta be an everyday guy here, but your info and insight would def be appreciated every once and a while. :) Know your a busy man and all.

Reactions: ScotO and Nixon
I don't do saws on the side. I modify over 200 saws every year. That's all I do.

Jasha, has given it up.......Brad does one a week or so......Stumpy is gone too.

Amusing. I have not kept pace. Lots of saw repair and builder ads in the sig files on AS these days though. Lots of newer names and it is hard to tell who does what there or how often. In my days there many years ago it was simpler (long before you joined that fracas). Very few ads there then as well. Of course is was also an endless brawl. I see that you are at odds with Brad there these days. On this site they have a much better ignore feature. If you put someone on the list, you do not see them or their posts at all. Its as if they are not on the forum. Its a great feature. ;) The also close any threads pretty fast here before they get out of hand.

Last I saw Jasha was a few years ago at a PNW GTG. I learned a few tricks from him. Same with Andy, who I bought saws from in WA. Nothing like that kind of depth here though. This site is more about stoves, pellets and firewood. And a few stray threads about saws. A few loggers and arborists, but mostly homeowners with wood and pellet stoves.

Don't know ya, heard of you and its good to see you here. Hope u drop in a few times a week. Would be honored to have your knowledge here as well.

I have read briefly on AS before. But from what folks say I know what there talking g about when they say, first thing out of the mouth is should buy a pro saw. Or when they talk about oil wars.

The site looks to have plenty of good forums though. Site is just really busy with adds and such.

Amusing. I have not kept pace. Lots of saw repair and builder ads in the sig files on AS these days though. Lots of newer names and it is hard to tell who does what there or how often. In my days there many years ago it was simpler (long before you joined that fracas). Very few ads there then as well. Of course is was also an endless brawl. I see that you are at odds with Brad there these days. On this site they have a much better ignore feature. If you put someone on the list, you do not see them or their posts at all. Its as if they are not on the forum. Its a great feature. ;) The also close any threads pretty fast here before they get out of hand.

Last I saw Jasha was a few years ago at a PNW GTG. I learned a few tricks from him. Same with Andy, who I bought saws from in WA. Nothing like that kind of depth here though. This site is more about stoves, pellets and firewood. And a few stray threads about saws. A few loggers and arborists, but mostly homeowners with wood and pellet stoves.

LMAO......Brad is at odds with himself.

Reactions: Fifelaker
Welcome Randy,

I read your posts/watched your videos on AS last year a lot when I was researching what saw to upgrade to from an MS290. I went with the MS261 and now that I've heard the 261c is coming out, I am starting to think about selling it and upgrading to the 261c. I've seen the recent thread from Brad about the gains he got and am very curious to see what you are able to do. I love my MS261 in stock form and have been trying to justify having it ported or at minimum, have the muffler modded being that I only use it for firewood. For the 261c, I know I would like the ease of M-tronic and not having to mess with the carb settings. So... based on your finding with porting the 261c, I may be purchasing one, then sending it your way once I can find the funds to do so. I will continue to follow your 261c porting threads on AS, but feel free to start a thread here on the topic ;).

Clyde

Welcome Randy,

I read your posts/watched your videos on AS last year a lot when I was researching what saw to upgrade to from an MS290. I went with the MS261 and now that I've heard the 261c is coming out, I am starting to think about selling it and upgrading to the 261c. I've seen the recent thread from Brad about the gains he got and am very curious to see what you are able to do. I love my MS261 in stock form and have been trying to justify having it ported or at minimum, have the muffler modded being that I only use it for firewood. For the 261c, I know I would like the ease of M-tronic and not having to mess with the carb settings. So... based on your finding with porting the 261c, I may be purchasing one, then sending it your way once I can find the funds to do so. I will continue to follow your 261c porting threads on AS, but feel free to start a thread here on the topic ;).

Clyde

I've got a MS261C on the way from KY. I'll be sure to show step by step how much more there is in that saw than just a muffler mod.

MS261C? I would want an MS261-M myself. The auto tune models are out in Europe now. Though they only seem to be available in C-M versons.

Eye remain C-onfused. The only 261s sold here are the plain and C-Q models, which are not m-tronic. No M-tronic saws listed in the US for the 261. To split hairs, the C designation is for the chain brake feature (big lever on the back), Q is for the quick stop, M is for M-tronic. I buy and ship a lot of saws overseas...

Yes sir Dex, there is an M-Tronic version of the 261 in route to TN as I type.
I just watched the 241 video on that thread in the link that MM provided....man that little puppy kicks some azz...

Can't wait to see the 261c......Randy you are a true mastermind....

:) Jealous....

BTW- I waited till the Carb kit came in. So they are in route. .. Both in the same box ;)

Pretty sure its the other way around.... A man of integrity, honesty, and always willing to pay it forward.

I have parted ways with quite a few toys and tools at a very discounted price (a lot for FREE). Always believed in Karma. :) Those that deserve it? Should get it. (Good karma that is ;em)
You are a class act brother.....we've had this group hug before methinks....==c

Reactions: Mastermind
Status
Not open for further replies.