anyone tried "gutters edge" saw it on You tube...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
since I just had delivered by UPS a whole box of "sure Flo" gutter guards...... box of 50 each section is 4 ft 6' long. all aluminum...had to buy whole box of 50... but if cant use on this roof can use it on our outbuildings...
cause last year WE had avalanches off on our standing seam roof. here in this old purgatory money pit house...
It exciting to hear but can those big ices sliding off the roof cause damages to patio cover and awnings. and not to mention bushes and blocking garage door....etc also damaged to solar skylight dome, too I remember...
cause we had on our 40 plus years former home a beautiful aluminumed shingled roof.... it was exciting listening to those avalanches.. roaring.....but like I said I had to shovel piles of stuff out of the way of the garage doors.. when we had lots of occ snow.....
we need all the help we can as oldsters here.. we bought some of those "Sur Flo" from a dealship and put on this home big detached garage they were like $6 something a pc. for those 4 ft 6 inch sections...
Used a roof rake too last year... to keep big snow piles from destroying door awnings here and window awnings....etc
I believe I called our roof mfg. and they offered no snow gurds for this standing seam roof....
opinions guys???
thanks
jean

Get the snow guards, that is what they are made for.

Get the snow guards, that is what they are made for.
WHAT BRAND.. have yall tried....???
recalled WAtson Metals and they said after last years snow they got a lot of calls... Hubby thinks we need 50.. saw some clamp on ones , but so expensive...like 20 plus a piece. No way will we penetrate the standing seams ...so they need to be clamp on only.. only want to do this once...

WHAT BRAND.. have yall tried....???
recalled WAtson Metals and they said after last years snow they got a lot of calls... Hubby thinks we need 50.. saw some clamp on ones , but so expensive...like 20 plus a piece. No way will we penetrate the standing seams ...so they need to be clamp on only.. only want to do this once...
I don't recall the brand names. If you can get the clamp on ones, go for it, they will also require a rod that spans the clamps. You don't necessarily have to penetrate the roof with the roof mount styles. They can be installed with adhesive, no screws necessary.

I don't recall the brand names. If you can get the clamp on ones, go for it, they will also require a rod that spans the clamps. You don't necessarily have to penetrate the roof with the roof mount styles. They can be installed with adhesive, no screws necessary.

I went ahead and ordered from Watson Metals. Like $13 each.. clamp on with set screw..not rods mentioned. But I watched some you tubes and saw what you are talking about
"Levi screw company" wouldnt sell directly to me.... ah well seems a good price anyway. esp since roof was so expensive... on this purgatory old house I just hope they dont sit around in the box collecting dust.....
thanks anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.