Anyone Use Froglube on their Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EastMtn

Burning Hunk
May 19, 2013
I understand that some have used gun oils to help with rust but at the same time those oils may cause the stove to smoke more than usual on first burn. I've been using Froglube on firearms for a while now and it's the only stuff I use now. Has anyone tried this on a stove for any purpose? Unlike Gun oils and cleaners it is an all in one cleaner/conditioner, biodegradeable (food grade), non flammable, and recommended for use on plastics as well as cast iron and other metals. Tested in extreme cold and hot conditions and a little dab lasts a long time.

I understand that some have used gun oils to help with rust but at the same time those oils may cause the stove to smoke more than usual on first burn. I've been using Froglube on firearms for a while now and it's the only stuff I use now. Has anyone tried this on a stove for any purpose? Unlike Gun oils and cleaners it is an all in one cleaner/conditioner, biodegradeable (food grade), non flammable, and recommended for use on plastics as well as cast iron and other metals. Tested in extreme cold and hot conditions and a little dab lasts a long time.

Interesting and great for guns, this froglube video shows.

I prefer Dry Moly Spray for pellet stoves that actually binds to the metal and is much higher temperature
See this video

I haven't heard about this either Thanks. Since I don't store my firearms in foam cases and NM has such low humidity I probably would never have learned this on my own. I have one of the early batches still (no more ties to the former life). Guess I better get the update. Seems like everything from computers, to DVD players to gun lube needs frequent updates these days. ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.