April fools or will it be real?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like 6-12 here- think I am going to build a large bonfire in the back yard and see if radiating heat will melt it off the driveway.....:)

I bought 9 ton of crusher run and have spent the past 2 weeks fixing my driveway…..12†of snow and I’ll plow it all back on the lawn!

Dont plow, let the sun melt it, On april 1, 97 we got 25 inches and I let the sun melt it, took about 3-4 days and it was all gone.

weatherguy said:
I bought 9 ton of crusher run and have spent the past 2 weeks fixing my driveway…..12†of snow and I’ll plow it all back on the lawn!

Dont plow, let the sun melt it, On april 1, 97 we got 25 inches and I let the sun melt it, took about 3-4 days and it was all gone.

Well you are the Weatherguy-I'll do that. I can get in and out with my 4x4 and my wife can stay home till Monday.

double post :sick:

if it makes you guys feel better we got 3.5 inches today. not all that much, but that puts us at 130 inches on the year. my back is sore!

We have been told locally 6-12.

I won't shovel it. Supposed to be in the 50's next week. I've already put the shovel's away for the year. --> maybe that caused this?

I'll just drive over it. Save my back from this heavy wet heart attack waiting to happen. Brought some more wood into the garage - I'm ready.

Fod01 said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Lord please bless us. Send it all out east!

What did I ever do to you?!

:lol: You've done nothing. I just figured you guys could use it more than we can.

They are calling for 10"to 20" for us. Just when I thought mud season was over. Wet snow and rain = one muddy driveway. Be safe.
Ed

colebrookman said:
They are calling for 10"to 20" for us. Just when I thought mud season was over. Wet snow and rain = one muddy driveway. Be safe.
Ed

I see today they backed ours down from 7-14 inches to 3-5 inches of snow.

Zap

Here in the center of PA we got maybe two inches that accumulated on the ground. It seemed like a lot more than that fell, but for a few hours at the beginning of the storm it was melting on contact. They are calling for more snow tonight.

zapny said:
colebrookman said:
Ed

I see today they backed ours down from 7-14 inches to 3-5 inches of snow.

Zap

Yeah . . . they boosted the totals for me . . . guess I know where your missing inches went . . . 8-12 inches now . . . guess there's a reason why I kept the snowmobile on the trailer and ready to go . . .

and to think we will be welcoming in april tommorow...

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 131
all rain here in NE PA...so far. It tired to snow on the hill tops, but not more than a few flakes

Broomed 2 inches off my car and the grass is covered. Coming down really steady this morning - but it's certainly not the 6-12 they said could happen over night - so I am relieved.

Coming down hard here . . forecast has been bumped up to 6-14 inches. Pretty slick outside . . .

Got some snow... only and inch or so. Thanks Zap for keeping most of the white stuff up there with you.

Shawn

Not much in CT at all. VT was downgraded a bit. However, I'll take what I can get. It's not often you get to ski in fresh snow in April.

It's Real!

Attachments

• 1 085 copy.jpg
    1 085 copy.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 150
shawneyboy said:
Got some snow... only and inch or so. Thanks Zap for keeping most of the white stuff up there with you.

Shawn

Shawn I can't take any credit, it was 53 today and nothing for snow or rain.

Zap

Went from a forecast of 10"to20" to actual 3"to 4" melting to 1" by 5PM. Just made more mud!
Ed

I think I may have posted some pics in another thread . . . but here they are again. 8-10 inches I figured.

Attachments

• april1.jpg
    april1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 105
  • april1a.jpg
    april1a.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.