Ashford 20 vs Ashford 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce P

Aug 10, 2015
Whiting NJ
What is the size difference ? Which can do 2000 sg ft two story with open floor plan ? What is the list price difference? thanks

1.8 versus 2.7 cu ft firebox. The 30 should be able to heat 2000 sqft in NJ if insulation is adequate. The 20 would need an exceptionally well insulated house and you would probably still be running it on high a lot. At that point you could get a larger secondary burn stove for less money and similar or even better performance.

Have you not been looking at a F600? What was the reason you did not get that one?

Waiting on store to come over for installation analysis,just considering all options, the F600 is a nice stove but I want to see it in person since its used.

Get the 30. The ONLY reason to get the 20 instead is that it should be slightly cheaper and smaller physical size. It is an inferior appliance since it has a smaller fuel tank (50% longer burntime on the 30), higher low end output (makes more heat than the 30 when on low) and lower high end output (makes less heat than the 30 on high). Quite frankly, I would almost never recommend the 20 size box.

For 2000 SF in NJ, I would want the 30 for sure.

x2 for the 30. The F600 would be a good choice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.