Ashford 25 Catalytic Converter Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pokane

Nov 2, 2022
USA
I have an Ashford 25 wood stove. I can't find the specs on the catalytic converter. The reason I am asking is because I just had it cleaned. The technician indicated he didn't want to remove the catalytic converter because he (nor I) didn't have a spare gasket--and they tend to crumble upon removal. Does anyone have experience with this, ie--what size gasket I would order for the next time I get it cleaned (and want them to inspect converter/go that route up through the stove to clean the pipes above?

Check with Midwest Hearth, they sell Interam gasket. Make sure you get the right width and length for your stove's cat.

I have an Ashford 25 wood stove. I can't find the specs on the catalytic converter. The reason I am asking is because I just had it cleaned. The technician indicated he didn't want to remove the catalytic converter because he (nor I) didn't have a spare gasket--and they tend to crumble upon removal. Does anyone have experience with this, ie--what size gasket I would order for the next time I get it cleaned (and want them to inspect converter/go that route up through the stove to clean the pipes above?
you can get a large roll so you have extra on hand.