Ashley S3 surround kit - anywhere?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmountain

Nov 14, 2020
California
I have an old Ashley AHI1 insert and I desperately need the wider surround kit...S3 is the part number. Any ideas on where to get one, if even possible? Thank you.

The used market is probably the only place. Why is this desparate? Is there a full, stainless liner on the insert? It can no longer be installed as a slammer, depending on the surround for a seal.

Reactions: Blackmountain
No, they are to save lives and make for a better performing stove. Looks like this is the second time this subject has come up for this install. Why bother ask if not willing to listen?

Last edited:
No, they are to save lives and make for a better performing stove. Looks like this is the second time this subject has come up for this install. Why bother ask if not willing to listen?

Because I asked about the surround kit, not for a lecture on why a liner is necessary.

Then you're in the wrong place. This site is not for enabling unsafe installations. Post in the Classified/For Sale/Wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.