Auber AT100 cat probe length for Dauntless?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newguyjoe

Hearth Supporter
Nov 7, 2008
Monroe,NY
Hi guys,
Is this the corretct Temp probe ?
This is what i orderd -
1 ea.High temperature thermometer, Pyrometer, AC powered (AT100TC)
  • Sensor Options - 6" (150mm) Inconel Probe

Thanks !
Joe

It's correct for a flue probe in 6" stovepipe. Is that where the probe will be installed?

No, i got it for the Catalyst. wrong ?

For the catalyst it needs to be a K type thermocouple.
And of the correct length for the Dauntless. Moving this to the VC forum for a more target specific response.

What auber part number probe do i order ? WRNK-171 ?

If you haven't drilled a hole in your Dauntless yet, the factory probe says to drill a 3/16 hole, but the Auber probe is 4mm, or roughly 5/32. I ended up drilling a 11/64 hole for a more snug fit. I haven't had any issues with thermal expansion of the probe and it still moves freely even when temps are above 1000 degrees.

Reactions: a59cheffy
If you haven't drilled a hole in your Dauntless yet, the factory probe says to drill a 3/16 hole, but the Auber probe is 4mm, or roughly 5/32. I ended up drilling a 11/64 hole for a more snug fit. I haven't had any issues with thermal expansion of the probe and it still moves freely even when temps are above 1000 degrees.
Did you install the probe and attach it to the original bracket? I just bought the AT100TC with the 6" probe. I did not order my stove with the bi-metal thermometer or bracket.

Did you install the probe and attach it to the original bracket? I just bought the AT100TC with the 6" probe. I did not order my stove with the bi-metal thermometer or bracket.
I had to make my own bracket. I used a 3/4" pipe bracket. It took a little thinking to figure out the angle to make sure it went in straight. I used a piece of a cereal box to make a template for where the holes are drilled in the heat shield. Then I used a feeler gauge I had that had a pivot point to get the correct 90 degree angle. I measured that angle where the heat shield meets the shield around the bypass handle. and bent the bracket to match that angle.