Austroflamm Integra FS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jyobpner

Jan 20, 2011
northern California
Hello from Northern California...

I have just picked up an Integra FS (mfg date 1992) for free from a local who broke the front glass piece and gave up on it. I am in process of looking for a replacement piece and getting it installed but was wondering if I can bench test the unit without having the glass installed? The unit looks great but I don't know how the systems are working just yet (just couldn't pass up a free stove!). It does have the older, manual control on the side and I am also wondering if this FS can be upgraded to a newer control system.

Thanks for the help here. I have been trying to do some homework on this topic by reading back through the archives.

Great Forum!

Jim

If you have the service manual you should be able to isolate the parts and try each one out.

Under no circumstances should you put any pellets in that unit and try firing it.

You could also do a dry run without fuel after having cleaned the unit and sealed the glass or provided a suitable air tight replacement panel.

The dry run would likely exercise every part except the convection blower.

SmokeyTheBear said:
If you have the service manual you should be able to isolate the parts and try each one out.

Under no circumstances should you put any pellets in that unit and try firing it.

You could also do a dry run without fuel after having cleaned the unit and sealed the glass or provided a suitable air tight replacement panel.

The dry run would likely exercise every part except the convection blower.

if the OP needs the repair manual, pm me:
make, mode, and your email :)

You will need the glass before you can fire up that unit. The intake airflow sensor will shut the auger down if it doesn't detect airflow at the input tube. Without the glass the airflow will be through the front of the stove. If you can find the glass you got yourself a tremendous score. If you cant find a suitable replacement and decide to part it out let me know I am always looking for replacement parts. I occasionally see austroflamm parts show up on Ebay you might try looking there for the glass.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Sorry if this is a bit late but I recently broke the front neoceram glass on my stove and was able to get it replaced by the glass repair shop up the road for a fairly cheap 75 bucks.

I ended up removing the door and bringing it to the guys shop so he could take the necessary measurements.

Less than 15 minutes later I was back home and replacing the door and glass.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.