Austroflamm Integra II Fresh Air Connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caucapon

Jan 4, 2008
The installation manual for this stove prohibits the use of fresh air kits utilizing aluminum pipe. Since I've not seen fresh air kits offered that do not rely on flexible aluminum pipe, the manufacturer's requirement poses a bit of a problem.

I'm curious why this limitation? Has anyone here used a standard fresh air kit when installing this model stove? I could certainly work up a custom solution; however, since I do live in an extremely rural area that offers little in the way of resources, I'd prefer to use one of the standard kits if there are no glaring safety issues involved.

Thanks in advance.

like they said, it is supposed to be a metal pipe.
I also felt it is quit stringent, but have you ever run your stove on a 100% output level. It does get quite hot.
Especially if you run it for a while.
I used run of the mill 2" metal pipe as required and it works fine.
Try to avoid too many bends.

I used automotive pre-heater duct that is made to go under the hood, and withstand high temps. Here’s a page that lists a bunch of different sizes at Parts America:
link did not work out, nevertheless it sounds like a great alternative idea.
Have no clue about car parts.

pelletfan said:

Hmmmm.....that's weird, I just tried it, and it worked fine....anyway, go to partsamerica dot com, and do a search for carburetor pre-heater duct....there are many sizes and lengths. If you need to input a car make & model to make it work, search under 1985 Chevrolet monte carlo.

Hope that works

pelletfan said:
I used automotive pre-heater duct that is made to go under the hood, and withstand high temps. Here’s a page that lists a bunch of different sizes at Parts America:

Hallo Pelletfan,

Sometimes automotive parts have other applications. This is a good idea and may be quite durable. Something to consider, if the cost in a length is reasonable.

MFG

Valhalla said:
....Sometimes automotive parts have other applications. This is a good idea and may be quite durable. Something to consider, if the cost in a length is reasonable. MFG

The 2" x 36" one I got was $12.99 + shipping....I think it ended up being about $18.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.