Avalon Astoria wont begin sequence of operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonC

Dec 29, 2014
Casper, WY
My Astoria burns and heats great. However, it will not begin its sequence of operation unless I unplug it then plug it back in. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

How often does this happen? Consistently or after a while?

Can you define sequence of operation? As in doesn't start dropping pellets immediately, or does it drop pellets, start burning, but the blower never comes on, etc.

Is the stove on a surge protector?

Earl

How often does this happen? Consistently or after a while?

Can you define sequence of operation? As in doesn't start dropping pellets immediately, or does it drop pellets, start burning, but the blower never comes on, etc.

Is the stove on a surge protector?

Earl
It doesn't even try to start working. No fan, no pellets....nothing. until I unplug it then plug it back in. so when the stove is off and not running and I turn the thermostat up nothing happens . when I unplug it and plug it back in it works great. Reaches setpoint, turns back off and will relight on its own when the temp falls below setpoint. it is not on a surge protector

Ok. If you switch the stove to manual and press start, does that do anything or same result?

If it worked that would isolate the issue to the thermostat control portion on the board/tstat module.

Status
Not open for further replies.