Bacteria Energy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it as long as they are using desert land and brownfields. Not so much if they are clear cutting forests to put this in.

Reactions: sloeffle
Interesting, Begreen. Seems like a lot of the companies doing the converting are foreign. And these projects are slated to ramp up and go commercial by 2020. I wonder if they will meet their benchmarks or go out of business.

Unfortunately the US continues to fall farther behind in alternative energy technology developments. Our energy policies are still muddy at best. In countries where they must import diesel or ethanol the impetus to develop alternative solutions is much greater.

The NV pproject slated to start production in a little more than 2 yrs. These are large scale, long-term infrastructure investments. I think the key risk here is being leap-frogged by a technology change. The market for diesel will not be going away soon.

The ethanol project looks quite promising. It has much less of an environmental impact and not using food or agricultural land to produce a high output per acre of fuel.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinny11950
The market for diesel will not be going away soon
So true. While EV technology may soon significantly reduce our use of gasoline, equipment fueled by higher molecular weight hydrocarbon fuels like diesel, kerosene, and bunker oil is characteristically unsuitable for the application of EV technology in the near future. This includes, jet aircraft, backup generators, long haul trucks, ships, etc.
This is huge market so development of renewable bio-fuels is critical if we want to move away from FFs and towards energy sustainability.

Reactions: vinny11950
Status
Not open for further replies.