Baker insert liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

baker insert

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Beekeepermd

Apr 7, 2018
York county, pa
i purchased a home with a two door Baker insert on the first floor without a chimney liner. I was advised that a liner was needed and the company I had come out wants almost 3000 to just install liner.
I spoke to another company and they want 4300 for a new quadrafire stove installed.

I hear the baker stove is great but surprise at the cost to add a liner. What is the opinion of the stove?

i purchased a home with a two door Baker insert on the first floor without a chimney liner. I was advised that a liner was needed and the company I had come out wants almost 3000 to just install liner.
I spoke to another company and they want 4300 for a new quadrafire stove installed.

I hear the baker stove is great but surprise at the cost to add a liner. What is the opinion of the stove?
Old inefficent tank. They last forever but a new stove like a quad will give you much more heat from each peice of wood. The reason the liner is so much is that it is probably an 8" liner while the quad takes a 6. Now the installed price of the quad sounds pretty low. Make sure they are going to properly clean the chimney insulate the liner and install a block off plate my guess is they are not. They will probably tell you that stuff in not nessecary but they are wrong