Barefoots 2016-2017

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NYBurner

Burning Hunk
Jan 5, 2015
Upstate NY
Grabbed a couple of bags - very light colored and burn great. About 20-30F output air temp increase over last year's batch (measured via k-type thermocouple). Will be picking up more for sure.

Reactions: Bucks Pellets
Just picked up 4 tons of barefoot. Company is packaging both 40lb bags and 24lb bags this year. Have two skids of each. Smaller bags are clear with different label.

The females in my house love the smaller bags, much lighter to carry and easier to pour into the stove they say. If it were just me, I'd stay with the 40lb bags, less packaging waste and less bags needed to fill the hopper. But since they can carry the bags now, I'm not the only one going to the basement to get pellets!

The quality this year is better than last IMO. Lighter ash, no build up on the sides of the burn pot and less carbon buildup as well.

$250 per ton in Upstate NY

I bought 2 tons of barefoots. They always burn nice and hot. I use them when the temaputure outside gets colder.

I also get 2 tons of Turman which are not quite as hot as the Barefoots but have much less ash (in my stove).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Barefoot seem pretty ashy to me this year. Picking up a ton of Turman tomorrow so I'll have something else of this season's production to compare to.

hmm i wonder what the difference is. I picked up 15 bags to burn for a week over the holidays. I burned at the same level as I have been for the past month. Way less ash in the pan for me relative to the Green Team Plat and last year's Barefoot, and a consistent 30-50F hotter air output as well. Is it possible you grabbed some of last year's stock? This year the pellets are VERY light colored, almost no darkness to them at all.

NYBurner, pretty sure they are this years stock. Got them from Bucks Pellets and the guy who loaded them said they hadn't even had them long enough to get into their storage building. Based on that, think they are from this year. Have Turmans now, way less ash compared to Barefoot, didn't change any stove settings.

Wow - I have not seen Turmans around here but it must be a really good pellet! Thanks for the info!

NYBurner, pretty sure they are this years stock. Got them from Bucks Pellets and the guy who loaded them said they hadn't even had them long enough to get into their storage building. Based on that, think they are from this year. Have Turmans now, way less ash compared to Barefoot, didn't change any stove settings.
Bas157, I agree that Turmans is a fine hardwood pellet. It's one of our favorites. We've been turning over our Barefoot inventory at a fairly rapid pace this season. None of our product has sat for very long in the past 6 months. Now I can't speak to how long product sits at any of the mills prior to us receiving it.
We never like to see a customer walk away disappointed in the product they bought from us. We've been exceedingly happy with the Hamer's product this year. The mill is currently running a $30 off per ton sale. We'd be happy to offer you an additional $20 off your next ton during this sale to see how the Hamers burn for you. That's That's $50 off your next ton of Hamers or $224.99. Just shoot me an email, and I'll send you a coupon code to use at checkout. Thanks for the feedback.

Joe

Bas157, I agree that Turmans is a fine hardwood pellet. It's one of our favorites. We've been turning over our Barefoot inventory at a fairly rapid pace this season. None of our product has sat for very long in the past 6 months. Now I can't speak to how long product sits at any of the mills prior to us receiving it.
We never like to see a customer walk away disappointed in the product they bought from us. We've been exceedingly happy with the Hamer's product this year. The mill is currently running a $30 off per ton sale. We'd be happy to offer you an additional $20 off your next ton during this sale to see how the Hamers burn for you. That's That's $50 off your next ton of Hamers or $224.99. Just shoot me an email, and I'll send you a coupon code to use at checkout. Thanks for the feedback.

Joe
Hamers burned great for me Joe..SUPER HOT.. 1st pellet I burned that the door handle was extra Hot.
also so far, the Northern warmth Spruce.... just as good as the Red bag Okie Platinums..

Wow - I have not seen Turmans around here but it must be a really good pellet! Thanks for the info!

Without knowing your location, Farmers Exchange in Schagticoke has them for $255? If I remember correctly.

I drive all over for work, and loaded 30 bags each of Okanagan red bag and purple bag, And Blazers on three different trips from Slaters in Cairo/Durham area.

The Nassau ACE ( Rensselaer county not NYC ) has a great selection but is higher priced than a lot of other places bag wise.

Bennington Stove has Turmans but they act like these pellets are solid gold and refuse to sell per bag. Tonnage price was awful. I need to test several bags before I commit to 50 of them.....