Battery Backup for Fireplace insert fan.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 2, 2018
Maine
Hello all. I have a older Regency CL1250 Alterra flush mount fireplace insert and with the fan running and a block of plate on a centrally located chimney in a house that was built to be heated by that fireplace. It does a very good job to cut way back on the amount of fuel oil I’m burning each winter. I live in a spot with fairly reliable power but was thinking about fan back up options in case of power outage. Does anyone know if the outlet inverters for the bigger m18 or the ryobi 18 even would power the fan? I have batteries and tools for both. The M18 has the bigger batteries. 9.0ah. Does anyone know if something like this would work to power a stove fan like this. Has anyone been able to run a fan with one?

This thread just discussed battery backup for a stove blower.

No problem. Hope that helps.