Best time to buy insert for 2021 season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tommydee25

Nov 27, 2020
Pocono Lake, PA
Have a lot of seasoned cord wood On my property, so made decision around Xmas time to install an insert into existing fireplace. The Vermont castings Montpelier seemed to be one of a small number of choices carried by qualified installers here in NJ that meets new emissikns but Covid back orders took us to March. So decided to wait til this summer, which is now So 3 questions I’m looking for advice on before pulling the trigger:
Any new emissions compliant products I should wait for this year that are not “out” yet, and if so, when is the soonest they become available?
Any wood burning inserts meet the 2021 epa tax credit or just free standing stoves?

chinney is 25 ft so I’m a bit worried about the new stoves burning hot, so if anyone knows a good installer in NJ that can put the plate in, and maybe even rig an adjustable inlet, that would be great.

Blaze King inserts meet the 75% threshold for the tax credit.

Reactions: Tommydee25
So do some of the regency inserts