Better get your fill of Duck Dynasty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Their Dad and family got famous because they where hard core duck hunters. They got famous from their duck calls and hunting shows and then they were offered a reality show. Phil invented his first duck call and started selling them something like 40 years ago. You got to realize they grew up in rural Louisiana. Thats all you need to know if you think its a put on.

I think everyone when they get older go back to their roots.

They are definitely hill jacks you cant invent some of that stuff thats on that show even tho some of it is made for tv.

Gotta remember where I stored my Zorro suit and go back to my roots.

Reactions: Huntindog1
Phil Robertson college quarterback.

Long before Phil Robertson became a multi-millionaire and reality TV star on "Duck Dynasty," he was a two-year starting quarterback (1966-67) at Louisiana Tech.

His first collegiate action for the Bulldogs came in the 1965 season opener at Rice, as a backup to Billy Laird; to commemorate the event -- and to publicize Rice's home game against Tech on Saturday -- the Rice athletic department dug through its archives and found video of Robertson from that game.
In that contest, Robertson came in late in the first quarter; he rushed twice for 3 yards and was 3-of-5 for 37 yards through the air. Rice won 14-0. It was one of just two wins for the Owls that season.

Louisiana Tech wasn't all that good while Robertson was there (1965-67), going a combined 8-20. Though he had a strong arm, he finished his career with 2,237 yards, 12 TDs and 34 interceptions.

Robertson didn't play his senior season, instead deciding to spend his time hunting and fishing. You may have heard of the guy who replaced him as the Bulldogs' starting quarterback: Pro Football Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw.

Mike Huguenin can be reached at [email protected]. You also can follow him on Twitter@MikeHuguenin.

0ap2000000280921.jpg

point taken. i totally remember how terry bradshaw grew a matted mess of hair and a zz top beard when he joined the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntindog1
point taken. i totally remember how terry bradshaw grew a matted mess of hair and a zz top beard when he joined the NFL.

even if he wanted to that wasn't happening, he was going bald on top by the time he got to Pittsburgh, early in his career there he was ridiculed for his demeanor and the fact Pittsburgh didn't immediately win with him.

had no clue that the DD guy was his predecessor at LA tech, interesting factoid

even if he wanted to that wasn't happening, he was going bald on top by the time he got to Pittsburgh, early in his career there he was ridiculed for his demeanor and the fact Pittsburgh didn't immediately win with him.

yeah, i grew up watching football in that era.

i met deacon jones in the 90's when he and earl morrall were shootiong the live action segment of an espn ad being made at the studio where i was a driver.
it was quite a thrill to shake the hand that made the head slap famous.

i lived in portland oregon as a kid. the then great raiders were the weekly "regional" game.
one reason i still hate the seahawks to this day, is that they became the weekly game in my area when they entered the league.
in a word, unwatchable.

i'm so rooting for the saints to beat them.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw

Status
Not open for further replies.