Biasi 3Wood Flue Damper Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MyqueAce

Feb 3, 2020
Maine
I could some help. We have had our Biasi 3Wood installed professionally for 5 years. No problems. It was set up and have not needed to adjust the flue exhaust damper at all. It has been in a fixed spot since install. Just last week, we had a problem with it not burning well, creosote smell etc. It seems like the flue exhaust damper is now in the closed position and swings freely by gravity to the closed position.

Is this the normal operation of the flue exhaust damper? Should there be some sort of tensioner or friction device to keep it in a certain position?

We have had no luck in finding somebody to service and check it out for us. Also, we can't find any actual images of one in good operating condition to see if we are missing something.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I googled the Biasi damper and came up with nothing. Was, is this some sort of automatic damper? You say it swings freely to the closed position tells me that there is nothing connecting to keep it in the open position. Obviously, using it in the closed position will not allow for proper draft. Any pictures of the damper you can post?

I googled the Biasi damper and came up with nothing. Was, is this some sort of automatic damper? You say it swings freely to the closed position tells me that there is nothing connecting to keep it in the open position. Obviously, using it in the closed position will not allow for proper draft. Any pictures of the damper you can post?

I thought he was talking about an ordinary key damper. In the pipe. Which can lose balance with a creosote buildup. But it's been a week & the OP didn't come back.