Big Stumps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hmm I'd imagine that'd gonna be somewhere in the 5-10 takes of saw gas range. So a few gallons? Then whatever vehicle to haul it. Just don't think about time/$ it's a labor of love.

This is why I do log length delivery. Sure I'm paying $50-$100 a cord but skipping the transportation loading/unloading body wear and tear and fuel costs. But if I had a 4 cord tree fall and someone wanted to give it to me you bet your ass I'd be there...

In 4 months when I'm healed up lol
Yes, I never think it's a waste of time, I was looking forward to figuring out the miniscule gas I will use to get possibly a years worth of heat. I use my atv to haul the wood out of our bush that's aprox 800yards from the house. I'm guessing around 5 gallons (20 litres) of gas max. To cut and haul the wood. Currently we are experiencing record high gasoline prices of $1.58 per litre for regular octane, high octane (no ethanol) must be around $2.00 per litre and that's what ibrun in all my small engines so maybe 40$ of fuel required......believe it....we are paying $8.00 a gallon here currently.....still super impressive low input/ high savings scenario. The atv was purchased long before the woodstove so I don't consider it part of the cost equation.
I wish you as speedy of recovery as permitted, take your time and enjoy.
Here's a pic of our bush from our back porch

20220207_180250.jpg