Biomass Federal Tax Credit 2017

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Is there a Federal tax credit for putting a a wood insert? I know that Maryland has a program that gives 500$s
The MD program only require a permit to be pulled if your county reguires one. Cecil County does not but the Building office said if your trying for a federal grant you need one.
I can not find much on the federal grant.

Reactions: ThunderMedic
Is there a Federal tax credit for putting a a wood insert? I know that Maryland has a program that gives 500$s
The MD program only require a permit to be pulled if your county reguires one. Cecil County does not but the Building office said if your trying for a federal grant you need one.
I can not find much on the federal grant.

I don't know either. The hearth shop that sold me my new Blaze King Chinook 30 this year made a big deal about supplying me with a certificate of efficiency for a tax credit which surprised me because I had been under the impression the credit expired last year. But I haven't looked into it yet.

The federal tax credit expired 12/31/2016.

It is not unheard of tax credits being retroactive. Our trade association HPBA did lobby for an extension (I was DC as well meeting weith Senators and Congressmen for the same purpose. )

Unfortunately, the current administration said nope.

I'd hang on to it just in the event they go retroactive...wgich they have done 2-3 times previously.

I should add, there are many state programs running. Oregon's is the most lucrative.

I should add, there are many state programs running. Oregon's is the most lucrative.
Anything in the Evergreen State that you know of?

No.