Bixby Maxfire Feeder Wheel Motor Mounts Broken (fixed)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vanyo

Jan 30, 2016
Wayne County, PA
I'm posting this just because it may be of help to others. I saw one other person somewhere on the internet report the same problem I once had, which is that all four of the little legs on the feeder wheel motor snapped right off. The motor frame and the mounts are one piece cast aluminum, I think, and somewhat brittle. Rather than buy a new motor, I found an easy fix which I think is much more durable than the original mounts. One helpful thing is that the holes in the mounts already go right through the frame. The fix is simple: A tubular steel spacer, a steel nut and bolt, and a washer on one end, and a locking washer on the other, as pictured here:

T8lCFRa-bZgHAULIjNAXnLXTI7rtOey17HYCT0lIK7V7E2LGrwrZNJUuVFiPnntD0_Tg9nTOUxMmoH07vI=w1266-h949-no.jpg

The original mounting bolts were just threaded into the aluminum mounting legs, and didn't go right through the whole block.

Thanks for the info and the photo! chered1 has been doing repairs on a family member's Bixby to get them running so hopefully he sees this.

Status
Not open for further replies.