BK Princess insert creosote problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do i need to start pulling up quotes you have made about your nc30 again?? You admit the air to the doghouse is completly unregulated. Well on most higher end tube stoves it is. That in itself makes a huge difference. Then there is the design of the defectors above the baffle the nc30s is much smaller leading to les retention of heat and higher stack temps.

You can try to threaten me however you want. I actually use the stoves and don’t have a bias either way. Almost all noncats have unregulated air inlets, what’s your point?

I think you’re confused again and lashing out.

I am also curious why you think it matters a bit how i take the measurements. It really doesnt because i am taking them exactly the same way with both stoves.

Because, obviously, isucet was comparing his flue temps with yours and neither of you were specifying internal or external flue temperatures. In case you are not experienced in this area let me inform you that the numbers are quite different depending on where they are measured.

No need to get all argumentative with everybody.

You can try to threaten me however you want. I actually use the stoves and don’t have a bias either way. Almost all noncats have unregulated air inlets, what’s your point?

I think you’re confused again and lashing out.
How do you think i treatened you? Bringing up things you have said in the past is not exactly a threat.

And yes all stoves even bks have unregulated inlets. Or dont you consider a hole in the flap an inlet?

Because, obviously, isucet was comparing his flue temps with yours and neither of you were specifying internal or external flue temperatures. In case you are not experienced in this area let me inform you that the numbers are quite different depending on where they are measured.

No need to get all argumentative with everybody.
Yes he was but i was comparing flue temps of a regency 3100 with that of a bk princess in my house measured the same way.

Yes he was but i was comparing flue temps of a regency 3100 with that of a bk princess in my house measured the same way.
No I was not cause I had the same flue setup with probe on one of the hearths were I used two non cat and the princess now.

No I was not cause I had the same flue setup with probe on one of the hearths were I used two non cat and the princess now.
Ok and what 2 noncats? We know one was an englander

Ok and what 2 noncats? We know one was an englander
They both are Englander. Madison and w02 the big brother as I call it. I still having both plus an old smoke dragon enamel that I think was sold by Sears in the past. Oh two pellet stove. Englander too. ;lol

That will clean out the stove but wont change what is in the chimney.
It’s my practice all the time. I’m just saying maybe it prevents it from building up in the first place. Of course it won’t remove any that’s already accumulated.

Reactions: bholler
It’s my practice all the time. I’m just saying maybe it prevents it from building up in the first place. Of course it won’t remove any that’s already accumulated.
And i was not saying it was bad practice at all. What isucet said about burning it hot to start is will help reduce buildup in the chimney.

They both are Englander. Madison and w02 the big brother as I call it. I still having both plus an old smoke dragon enamel that I think was sold by Sears in the past. Oh two pellet stove. Englander too. ;lol
No only experience with one brand of tube stove. Yet you know they are all the same. Do you also think all cat stoves with thermostatic controls are the same? How about pellet stoves do you think your englanders are the same as harman pellet stoves?

Other than in the cap itself, my flue has been just as clean as any flue servicing my non cats. This Woodstock is likely to be the cleanest to date. It just never smokes, it’s almost unbelievable. After I shut the bypass I don’t see anything at all, even on low. I should have cleaned the flue before I hooked it up. Didn’t need it really, even after the BK running on it all last season. Almost no build up.

Reactions: bholler
No only experience with one brand of tube stove. Yet you know they are all the same. Do you also think all cat stoves with thermostatic controls are the same? How about pellet stoves do you think your englanders are the same as harman pellet stoves?
Why not. I never had a problem with them. I don't go by that on life. I believe that a Hyundai do the same than a BMW and they both go to the shop here and there. Not always good brands are all that.
Many are just name.

Why not. I never had a problem with them. I don't go by that on life. I believe that a Hyundai do the same than a BMW and they both go to the shop here and there. Not always good brands are all that.
Many are just name.
I agree many times more expensive products are not nessecarily better. But many times they are.

Reactions: lsucet