BK Princess is burning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Well I finally had some time to pipe our Princess Ultra in and do the break in fire. So far so good! Three pine splits and some kindling and still going after 2 hours. One thing I'm going to have to get used to is the lack of actual flame in the firebox. The stove is absolutely cranking out heat right now but there is very little actual flame.

Bring on the winter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_6000.jpg
    100_6000.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 286
Very nice. As for the flames, I hear what you are saying. It is calling for possible frost tonight so I have had the stove going all day. It is freaking sweating in here but the Summit is just glowing, very little flame. Draft is on low and no smoke from the chimney. That was the odd thing for me, no smoke with a wood stove? 48 DegF outside and 78.8 inside! Lol.

No, it wasn't. I had literally just started the fire and closed the door. Excitement got the best of me and I couldn't wait to snap the picture, as evident in the crooked and awkward nature of said picture.

Looks like a lot of flame to me. We usually just have the glow going.

Your 30-NC just called me and boy is it pissed. :lol:

Looking good cmon.

The 30 is going to a good home, to help some friends of ours who really need to retire an old VC. I'm going to get some new baffle boards and a door gasket and she's ready to go.

cmonSTART said:
The 30 is going to a good home, to help some friends of ours who really need to retire an old VC. I'm going to get some new baffle boards and a door gasket and she's ready to go.

Catch the deal they have going right now. $119 for door and glass gaskets with a pair of baffle boards. Shipping included. I did it even though I don't need any of them yet. Saves ya over fifty bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.