Blaze King King - Double Or Triple Wall Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fdegree

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2009
Southern Delaware
I am considering purchasing a Blaze King King over the spring/summer. Considering the lower stack temps from this stove, and the relatively large amount of exposed pipe above the roof (about 8 feet)...would I be better off with triple wall pipe as opposed to double wall pipe? Or, does the expense out weigh the limited benefit?

Thanks, I was not aware of the difference. I assumed they were all insulated to some degree.

I appreciate the information.

There have been some complaints from a few king burners with less than ideal chimney setups especially at lower burns. I would spend the money on the pipe. I have 15' exposed above the insulation with 12' above the roof and don't have any of those issues. This is double stove pipe to the ceiling adapter and triple wall the rest of the way.

People often think triple is better. Got 3 walls. But the double will help draft and creosote problems. I think double is always worth it.

For my situation, cost is not too much of an issue, provided the added walls are worth the investment. I realize single wall is not the best option here. I am more than willing to go with the triple wall pipe, but if that is not going to help keep the draft any hotter than the double wall pipe...why waist the money? Unless, there is added insulation in the triple wall pipe, then I am willing to invest in that if I will get better performance with less problems.

Thanks for the information!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.