Blaze King Prices?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i left mine on #3 for half an hour the other day by accident. it was a OHH CHIT moment for sure! you guys dont run these wide upen do you? i wouldnt think it is safe!

No, only use #3 when I open the door and when starting new wood. After catr engagement I set 1t 2.5 for less than 10 minutes and then range between 1.5 and 2 for normal operation. There's a big difference between 1.5 and 2 in flame level and flue temps. Would be nice if the stat was geared down so that it had a larger useful range.

Like any stove, needing tons of air to get combustion is a very common result of wet wood.

No, only use #3 when I open the door and when starting new wood. After catr engagement I set 1t 2.5 for less than 10 minutes and then range between 1.5 and 2 for normal operation.

x2 I never burn mine on 3 for any time. Once I have decent flames I go to 2.5 until I close the bypass. I find my stove warms up faster at 2.5.

Reactions: jeff_t
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the input. I apologize for not acknowledging it sooner.

I believe I'm being affected by several factors.

First, I think my draft was low due to using crappy single wall pipe from Lowe's that didn't fit well at the joints. I'm planning on getting some quality double wall but in the meantime I sealed all the joints with furnace cement. Well see if it helps.

Second, I didn't know I was going to get a stove so my wood supply is marginal at best. It's all either pine or fir and cut this fall......

Third, I believe my house is more of a heat sink than I had expected. The stove ended up doing better after my previous post as a lot of the initial mass (concrete floors and walls) were heated up somewhat.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and getting some good seasoned wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.