Blaze King Sirocco 25 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for the update. Typically was that with a full load of wood or partial? How about shoulder season burning?
What size were the splits, wood species and length and MC as well.

Thanks for the update. Typically was that with a full load of wood or partial? How about shoulder season burning?
That was a full load with wood bricks stuffed in the cracks. With shoulder season burning I did notice some creosote smell if I did not do a hot fire afterwards, it likes to be cleaned out after a long slow burn.

There's plenty of room to extend your burn times. Pleased as heck you love it and if you get a chance run a load of some 8-10" diameter rounds. 3 big with few large splits should extend burn time a bit.

There's plenty of room to extend your burn times. Pleased as heck you love it and if you get a chance run a load of some 8-10" diameter rounds. 3 big with few large splits should extend burn time a bit.

Do you recommend big chunks like that for all models?

And if you want lower heat output from less wood gassing. You get X amount of heat from X amount of wood...no way around that.
Exactly, I would put Big chunks in the princess for shoulder season, if I needed a fire at night always have good coals. I've got some chunks seasoned 5-6 years in my bin that I keep forgetting I have.

Thinking about getting the SC 25. You mentioned some "fixes" that BKVP told you about. What is it? If you don't mind.

A second insert, or are you not liking the Large Flush as much anymore Dmitry? I know I've enjoyed your posts about the Lg. Flush when researching it.

That said, the Sirocco looks like a really nice unit and those burn times are enviable.

Actually, it's for my daughter who just got new house. Large flush is nice and going strong so far. the only thing I don't like is narrowing firebox from 24" in front to 20" in back. SC 25 looks as a nice unit and BK has god burning time reputation. worth to consider.

Mellow did you ever measure the firebox?

I ask because I am confused by the listed 2.3 cu ft size.Per the dimensions listed in the BK brochure ( depth 18" brick to glass, 20.5" wide, and 10" tall) that is only 3690 cubic inches, or 2.13 cubic feet. And that's using the larger measurements and not accounting for the taper, as they mention the firebox is only 18" wide in the rear. I'm curious as to where the 2.3 figure is coming from. Maybe they are counting some add'l space up on either side of the cat housing?

I finally got my Sirocco 25 installed today! My question is, the catalyst knob, mine goes from 6 o’clock to about 3 o’clock. Is that normal? I assumed it would go 6 o’clock high to 12 o’clock low.

I finally got my Sirocco 25 installed today! My question is, the catalyst knob, mine goes from 6 o’clock to about 3 o’clock. Is that normal? I assumed it would go 6 o’clock high to 12 o’clock low.

Does it stop at 3? Or is that where the flapper is closed?

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

The knob physically stops at 3

That may be an issue. I’m not sure if they changed something as the 25 series have new designs in them. On my ashford it goes to 12 but useable is to about 2. Shoot BKVP a message and ask him if it’s good or not.

Does the flapper close all the way at 3?

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

That may be an issue. I’m not sure if they changed something as the 25 series have new designs in them. On my ashford it goes to 12 but useable is to about 2. Shoot BKVP a message and ask him if it’s good or not.

Does the flapper close all the way at 3?

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25
To be honest I’m unsure of where the flapper is. This may be something I definitely want to check.

To be honest I’m unsure of where the flapper is. This may be something I definitely want to check.

e745d75a633fd919eab1c28b1eaa4d1a.jpg

It’s there you have to kinda look from the side on the right side as there is kind of a cover plate in front of it.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

No it’s screwed on.

View attachment 240238

Is the opening not big enough to see in there?

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25
Ok, I see what you are saying! There is a steel ledge that the set screw is hitting at position 6 and 3. It seems it’s this way from factory. But at 3, it doesn’t seem to completely close the baffle. Pretty close, but not perfectly flat.