Blaze King Sirocco 25 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
@BKVP my flap on my Ashford 25 is completely closed with the thermostat at the 12 position at room temperature, seems that this is a problem after reading this thread. I know something hasnt been running right because my burn times just don't seem up to par and I struggle to keep my cat active for more then four hours

@BKVP my flap on my Ashford 25 is completely closed with the thermostat at the 12 position at room temperature, seems that this is a problem after reading this thread. I know something hasnt been running right because my burn times just don't seem up to par and I struggle to keep my cat active for more then four hours

At 12 the flap should be closed that’s not the problem . At about 2 o’clock most users of the 25 series report that at room temp the flap is completely closed. The range past 2 to 12 is unusable for probably 99.9% of people. If your having problems keeping the cat active it’s either set too low or your wood is not dry. On average my set-point is a little above 3 and that gives me the most heat and about 12 hour burns depending on what wood is in there.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Wood is not the issue, at 3 position id never get a 12 hour burn , I'd chew through the wood in at most 8 hours with just some glowing coals. I really believe draft is an issue as well as possibly the cat may still be active but the meter isn't reading cat temps properly

Last edited:
Wood is not the issue, at 3 position id never get a 12 hour burn , I'd chew through the wood in at most 8 hours with just some glowing coals. I really believe draft is an issue as well as possibly the cat may still be active but the meter isn't reading cat temps properly

In my experience with the ashford 25 little dial movements between 2-3 o’clock makes a huge difference. If you chew threw wood in 8 hours on 3 try little increments between that and two.

If you still think the cat gauge is inaccurate I believe there is a way to calibrate it but you would have to talk to BKVP about that. If your draft is too strong then that’s a whole different ball game.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

In my experience with the ashford 25 little dial movements between 2-3 o’clock makes a huge difference. If you chew threw wood in 8 hours on 3 try little increments between that and two.

If you still think the cat gauge is inaccurate I believe there is a way to calibrate it but you would have to talk to BKVP about that. If your draft is too strong then that’s a whole different ball game.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Appreciate your help. Could not having a block off plate installed hurt as well?

Appreciate your help. Could not having a block off plate installed hurt as well?

The only thing that not having would do is that heat is going up the masonry chimney instead of being somewhat trapped right above the insert so you lose less heat to the masonry structure. I don’t think it would have much of an impact on thermostat operation.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Hello Blaze King fanatics!

I just had my new Sirocco 25 installed yesterday. I'm very pleased with it so far.

blaze king sirocco25.jpeg

There's only one thing that is bothering me: my fans make a smooth wind sound AND an irregular clicking noise.
click-click...click.........click....click-click.....click........ The intensity diminishes as the fan speed gets lower.

I already looked inside to check if a wire was obstructing the fan, but it's all clear.

Does your fan make that same clicking noise or do you only hear the soft "hair dryer" sound?

Thanks a lot

Hello Blaze King fanatics!

I just had my new Sirocco 25 installed yesterday. I'm very pleased with it so far.

View attachment 241507

There's only one thing that is bothering me: my fans make a smooth wind sound AND an irregular clicking noise.
click-click...click.........click....click-click.....click........ The intensity diminishes as the fan speed gets lower.

I already looked inside to check if a wire was obstructing the fan, but it's all clear.

Does your fan make that same clicking noise or do you only hear the soft "hair dryer" sound?

Thanks a lot
Sure it's not the metal insert heating up clicking?

It could be the blower blade just knicking the shroud as centrifugal force pulls them slightly outward at high speed. Pull the blower assembly and examine it closely for clearance between the shroud and the blades. May even run it at high speed when removed to see if you can pinpoint the location by ear.

It could be the blower blade just knicking the shroud as centrifugal force pulls them slightly outward at high speed. Pull the blower assembly and examine it closely for clearance between the shroud and the blades. May even run it at high speed when removed to see if you can pinpoint the location by ear.
Thanks for your answer.
That's a good idea. I'll pull it out when it's cold and I'll try to adjust the friction points.
I'll keep you informed in the next days!

The fans are mounted to two "sleds", make certain sleds are flush with bottom of unit. They are cut in somewhat of a "z" pattern and must drop into the cut out area.

Please check this or call dealer to address. Glad you like the insert.

Thanks for your answer.
That's a good idea. I'll pull it out when it's cold and I'll try to adjust the friction points.
I'll keep you informed in the next days!
The fans are in the back on sleds to make service easy. They cannot hit the shroud.

The fans are mounted to two "sleds", make certain sleds are flush with bottom of unit. They are cut in somewhat of a "z" pattern and must drop into the cut out area.

Please check this or call dealer to address. Glad you like the insert.
The fans are in the back on sleds to make service easy. They cannot hit the shroud.

That's good to know. I'll make sure they're well fixed. Thanks for the quick answers!

Found it!
sirocco.jpeg

So, I removed the lower shroud cover panel to look at the fans. I discovered a loose leg leveler bolt (I don't use them) bouncing around the back, stuck in a weird position. Removed it out of the way and now it's all good. Thanks again @BKVP for your help.

Reactions: MAD MARK
Found it!
View attachment 241532
So, I removed the lower shroud cover panel to look at the fans. I discovered a loose leg leveler bolt (I don't use them) bouncing around the back, stuck in a weird position. Removed it out of the way and now it's all good. Thanks again @BKVP for your help.
Well done!

Darn that was so many years ago. Around 1998. Can't believe I'm still in the game!