Blaze king Sirroco 20 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll hot coals after measuring I would only need to pull the stove up 4 inches for a straight shot. Leaving 50" to the couch. Should I just do that?
Up to you really. If it drafts fine as you say and not a problem for cleaning i don't see a problem. In the pic it just looks so close to the bare wall that it made me take notice. Pics can be deceiving though.

It's 6.5" to the wall as per the 6" clearance in the manual. How do u clean all those elbows?
I dunno. Mine's a straight shot through my second story and out the attic. I'm sure some of the guys with a similar situation will jump in. If not start a new thread so it will get seen.

Of course the pipe that is the room could be taken apart easy enough.

My thread from the start I was hijacked! Haha just kidding try a get these BKs going good

LOL..I loss track!
Hows your burn times with that stove say when it's averaging 25-30f out?

I had a few of 12-15 that's pretty much having gone out. Still trying to get a hold of how things work. When I first had it got it going for a week straight with barley any ash to prove it! I wasn't recording burn times. Wish I had now that I am having double wall put in

Ahh now wondering I I should just come up 4 inches off the wall for a straight shot?! Advice?

I would absolutely give up 4" of floor space to be rid of that goofy offset in the interior black pipe. It's bad enough you have another offset in the attic, that doesn't appear to be restrained. I recall reading that those attic bends are supposed to have strapping, anbody know?

Reactions: PapaDave
You do know that you have no curtains or anything on your windows right..lol.

Haha just moved in and have my priorities straight huh? So I think once back from vacation I will do a straight shot leave out any guess work with clearances and hopefully be done! Now I need a moister meter just another expense for my need to burn. Too funny talking with my dad saying how much money I will save ha!

Last edited:
Nice! My pup loves that spot up until it's 85 then he's outta there. Dunno if you have followed from the start but mine was installed too close for single wall. 15.25 should be 18". Changing to double wall now as I don't wanna move the stove. I thought I was burning green wood but the more and more photos I see of black glass the more I wonder. Anyway I'm 4' to a 45 and a 45 then up then another 30 in the attic.

I must have missed it, looks good though.

I have the standard two bottom corners of black glass now. I bought glass cleaner 2 months ago but the stove is never cool enough to clean it lol

off track.jpg

Folks, let's stay on topic. The lady still has a problem that needs solving. Start a new thread to discuss your stoves please.

Moot point if she is switching to double-wall pipe connector.

Start a new post please.

Apparently I lost track too.;em A pretty face will do that.

Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money?

Abbott: Every dollar of it.

Haha but seriously let's figure out Lara's stove what gives?! Me thinks that that her combuster is clogged or intake is not set and needs to be fixed by blazeking

I feel the stove is sent out idiot proof and not calling anyone an idiot but myself am as green as they come to this and I get burn times of 12-15 clueless

I think she needs to make sure the combuster is not clogged and then get a bunch of scrap/cutup 2x4's and run it the way its supposed to run and update us. Just cause the dealer brought wood does not mean it isnt wet. With out my meter on it I trust no ones wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.