Blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darcey

Oct 24, 2021
Canada
I believe I have a blaze king king stove, not sure how old it is, came with the house I bought. I am finding that I have to burn it minimum 3 or more on the thermostat or it goes out. Often the catalytic thermometer on the top says it is inactive. Any tips

I believe I have a blaze king king stove, not sure how old it is, came with the house I bought. I am finding that I have to burn it minimum 3 or more on the thermostat or it goes out. Often the catalytic thermometer on the top says it is inactive. Any tips
How long has your wood been cut split and covered?

Not too sure, it can with the house too. More than a year. I bought the house July 2020. The would had been here since I viewed the house in April 2020 or before.

Not too sure, it can with the house too. More than a year. I bought the house July 2020. The would had been here since I viewed the house in April 2020 or before.
Get a cheap moisture meter and split a price open to test it. Could need the cat replaced or that could just be the minimum you can run it at with your setup.

Reactions: stoveliker
Post a picture of the stove. How tall is your chimney (distance from stove top to chimney cap)?

Nothing really abnormal about your "low" set point. Definitely verify your wood moisture content before monkeying with the stove etc. Have you downloaded the BK operators manual? Read it and start/run the stove just as directed to get a good operating baseline. Post a few pics as well to help verify the model.

Verify minimum chimney requirements and if installed into masonry chimney the presence of an insulated liner....

4C606920-C521-4829-9D1C-9D834748C9EA.jpeg
This is my stove

Reactions: dafattkidd
you might just for the hell of it, is pick up a new cat. No telling how old the one you have is. Of course gotta have dry wood and a decent draft. Post some pics. Never mind the pics, just noticed you
posted one

Reactions: stoveliker