New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Blazers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, they were $60 cheaper a ton last year at their regular price in NH than what you paid this year for your "pre-buy" special. Transportation costs didn't go up that much from last year to this year.
That's awesome how many tons did you buy. I can only speak to the prices I have seen around here in mass even going back last year. My first ton ever burnt was green lacking supreme and I paid 239 for a ton. Then awf white pines showed up for 259 per ton. When I first started visiting this site I realized there were much better pellets out there and I started researching. The only prices that went up for pellets in my area were big box store pellets this year and they are selling gs for 279. All the other retailers I have visited robbins garden pellets r us pellets direct squier lumber and south shore wood pellets have all stayed in the same price range they were selling for last year. With that being said 299 for blazers was a no brainer for me at pre buy given what big box stores are selling garbage for. Blazers are now being sold at the retailers i memtioned at the prices relative to their other premium pellets. If blazers show up anywhere for 60 dollars off per ton than what I paid I will be renting a uhaul

Last edited:
... I figure last year they didn't lose any money on their Blazer sales....
so I'm curious why they are so much more expensive this year, especially for a big box store?. ..

Your answer is in the first part of your sentence.
The part that is incorrect...
;)

Reactions: JRA
Your answer is in the first part of your sentence.
The part that is incorrect...
;)

Didn't know they sold all those tons of Blazer pellets at $220 and then $239 last year and were losing money doing so. I am not a business person but to my understanding, merchants charge more for their product than they pay for it. How much $$$ were they losing a ton?

Didn't know they sold all those tons of Blazer pellets at $220 and then $239 last year and were losing money doing so. I am not a business person but to my understanding, merchants charge more for their product than they pay for it. How much $$$ were they losing a ton?

thats because they dont. those who do dont stay in business long.

Status
Not open for further replies.