Blower motor big e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Anyone used blower motors from these guys
https://pellethead.com/product/breckwell-us-stove-combustion-blower-exhaust-fan-kit-2/#

Cant really see what the difference is between the 3 they stock. Also how is the priorety mail international and global express garanteed? Im up in northern canada and not sure how much longer the blower is going to last and need it to get up here hopefully this week. My ignitor i ordered i just put in regular mail and its going to take the full 10 days...

2 have different bearings and the 3rd looks to be a high draft unit with bigger fins.

ya i seen that one.. read some ware else that it actually would not fit in the big e without some mods. Did not want to take the chance so i just ordered the replacement in the link above and payed extra for the 3 day shipping... If i have to fire my furnace up for a week or so if it fails it will cost almost the same as the shipping costs..
Have not screwed the side panel back on and put some synthetic engine oil on the bushing/bearing and seems to have stopped for now. The other oil i used did not really work.. worst case i have a $300 spare..LOL

Guess i cannot complane. Got the stove for free from my boss has a brand new auger motor and associated parts in the box. Replaced igniter and burn pot, and this motor looks to be the original. once all the big parts are replaced it will be good for another 15 years..LOL

Last edited:
Guess when you pay for faster shipping that does not mean it leaves the warehouse any faster.

What is your stove doing? My Exhaust fan I have to spray a Teflon lube in towards the bearings about every 2 weeks for the last season as it starts to get loud, Id like to be able to repack the bearings with grease as everything seems tight.

If they are allready loud you may as well replace them if you can. Some were bronze bushings. No replacement, have to replace the assembly.

Ya she is getting loud... looks like the back is bronze and the front is a bearing. Lubing it only lasts a few days now... after a few phone calls someone forgot to email me shipping info so it should be here tomorrow. Had to pay the taxes on it today...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Somedays I hate getting things across the border. Talked to fed ex Wednesday to pay taxes the guaranteed it would be here today Friday... go figure no show and none of the tracking numbers worked. Called again they said it was transferred to another courier and be here Tuesday. I asked about the 3 day shipping guarantee I paid for and they ignored me... now its squealing all the time and oil is not helping.. I see Monday I'll be calling them again and getting that $100 shipping refunded

Well finally running quiet both ignitor and exhaust blower showed up today.. even though the del driver dropped the notice off at my neighbour's. Motor is quieter than it has ever been and for some reason seems to be pushing out more heat...
Now to get this shipping sorted out.

Well a little update especially for us Canadians ordering from them... Got a email from them the other day and was told fedex was saying that their would be no refund on my 3 day shipping as it was my fault it was late. They tried to say that their was a delay in me paying duties and taxes on the item so the delivery was delayed... I let pellethead know that i had paid them within 2 hours of me receiving the phone call and was guaranteed that the delivery would still be here by Friday (i had paid Wednesday). Pellethead asked for the receipt showing when i paid and are going to go fight with them again.
So us canadians when you order keep track of everything as they said that they had the same issue with 3 canadian orders that week. If it was not a $100 delivery charge i probably would not care.. But i could have used standard shipping and got it a few days later than i did...

Reactions: Mt Bob