Blower motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Very often this indicates an out of balance fan. Have you taken the blower out and thoroughly cleaned and oiled it?

No, I have not. Am unsure how to proceed. My guess is to remove the fire brick from the bottom. I think the blower is under the stove. None of the manuals I have located show the location or how to remove the fan. I'm pretty handy, but dang sure don't want to screw up the stove. Works perfect other than the noise....

Just a guess, but can the blower be reached by removing the lower left and right access panels?
Buck phone (828) 765-6144

For anyone else that may need this information. Called Buck Stove's and the blower motor is accessible from the front. Remove the right access plate and then remove the squirrel cage motor assembly clean, oil and replace. Seems obvious but the stove needs to be cool to do it.....LOL.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I pulled and R&Red my blower on my Drolet Myriad, made all the difference. I think that it is really a yearly maintenance thing. The blower and motor itself is quite simple and there is a youtube video if you need guidance. I used high temp bearing grease on mine and it is running great right now.

Pulled the blower and motor this morning. Other than being a bit tight on work space all went very well. Really needed cleaning and oiling. Runs like a champ now and makes so little noise you can't hear it. Thanks everyone for the help.