Boomberg Tools Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

katwillny

Feb 12, 2016
NY
Hi all.
Does anyone know if parts can still be found for this chainsaw? The chain housing cover broke and the chain does not retain tension.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
KAT

Attachments

• 77CA82FB-7574-42DA-BD9B-82FDF5A6D57E.jpeg
    77CA82FB-7574-42DA-BD9B-82FDF5A6D57E.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 190
  • 1809EAD7-AEEA-45EF-BDB3-53C3329ADFD2.jpeg
    1809EAD7-AEEA-45EF-BDB3-53C3329ADFD2.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 177
I'm guessing your "German designed " saw is a Chinese clone. Unless a name brand part will interchange I'm guessing your out of luck.

Never even heard of it. Has to be Chinese. Your best bet is going to be looking online for saws that look the same, and then try to find parts for it on eBay. Probably marketed under a lot of different names over the years.

How can you go wrong with a "Professional Germany Design"? Obviously the graphic artist did not speak English as a primary language ;)

These clone saws usually are designed to be throw away not worth throwing good money after bad.

Thanks all. my uncle has this saw overseas and i was trying to find parts for it. I decided to just buy him a husvarna 440 and ship it down for him. he wont be cutting anything much larger than 18 inches.